PDA

View Full Version : Aniline: Dyed Leather Furniture Problem Pictures

Wobbly
06-23-2007, 09:18 AM
Here are some pictures of our loveseat and sofa. Body oil stains and fading are the main problems.

Roger Koh
06-23-2007, 09:13 PM
Dear Wobbly,

Welcome to the forum and hope that you find this forum useful.

As a continuation from http://www.leatherchemists.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=500&PN=1

and the extra pictures here, the main concern is the body oil stains, second the sun fading since 1988 (19years).

And the third some food and beverage stains.

We shall work this project in phases.

Phase One Body Oil Stains Removal:

Step 1 Remove the back and cushion seat away leaving the cushion alone and block off with clear plastic sheets.
Step 2 Please post a picture.
Step 3 Email me your delivery address and I will send the necessary products to you.

To be continued…

Roger Koh
IICRC#942 LCT MTC MSR
Leather Doctor® System
[email protected]

Wobbly
06-25-2007, 07:00 AM
The seat and back cushions appear to be sewn in. There are zippers at the base of each armrest below the cushions , but unzipping them seems only to allow limited access to the armrests.

Perhaps I'm overlooking some way to get them out.

Wobbly

Roger Koh
06-25-2007, 03:51 PM
Dear Wobbly,

Use clear heavy duty plastic sheets and block off leaving only the armrest complete section exposed.

This covering up the surrounding section makes it easier to work without messing up the remaining parts when you spray the products.

Your destination for the refinishing will depend on how well the armrest response to degreasing as well as other food and beverage stains removal.

Second phase is the re-hydration of the sun faded areas to plump up the leather with non-immersion fatliquoring process “a true version of the tannery fatliquoring process”.

This process will soften, strengthen and freshen up the color naturally – you will see a deeper hue at the end of the process.

We will then decide what finishing system best suit your interest.

Roger Koh
IICRC#942 LCT MTC MSR
Leather Doctor® System
[email protected]