PDA

View Full Version : Hydrator/fatliquor marks after drying

baglover
03-05-2021, 03:18 AM
Hi Roger,

A bag base had these cling wrap marks after the hydrator/fatliquor has dried over the weekend. How do I remove the uneven shiny parts?

Roger Koh
03-08-2021, 01:29 PM
>>> How do I remove the uneven shiny parts?

Use LeatherDyeRemover-7.9
(Note: Test first that original leather dye is not removed prior to use on foreign dyestuff).

Product Description:
LeatherDyeRemover-7.9 (pH value of 7.9) by Leather Doctor is a water-based formulation for dye stain removal. Especially effective on new blue jeans dye transfer onto leather and suede surface. This is a pH 7.9 high viscosity dyestuff remover that works by dwell-time allowing its superior penetrating, lubricating, and suspending power to do its work thus reduce unnecessary physical rubbing that may do more finishing damages to non-absorbent leathers. Absorbent leather and suede are to use a quick dry agitation with a lightly saturated cotton bud, pad, or cloth to avoid unnecessary product absorption by the leather and suede. As dyestuff is reverse-transfer, turn or change to new application and repeat until the stain is satisfactorily removed. The leather pH value of 3 to 5 needs to be balanced back from pH 7.9 exposure, especially the absorbent leather and suede and sticky residue removed with Acidifier-2.0 as a holistic leather and suede safe dye stain removal process. Prior damaged topcoat that affects the luster level is rectified according to the appropriate topcoat like MicroTop-54G, AnilineTop-76G, etc. Rub-resistant preventive care with Protector-B, D, W, or S is the final application to satisfied the tactile feel and an option with the classical scent of leather.

Absorbent Leather and Suede Instruction:
1- Transfer CleanDye-7.9 to lightly damp cotton bud, pad, or towel.
2- Lightly agitate the dye stain and observe the cotton bud.
3- If the dye is transfer to the cotton bud, repeat the entire stain area accordingly to satisfaction.
4- pH balance and rinse sticky residue with Acidifier-2.0
5- AnilineTop-76 in gloss or satin is an option for refinishing.
6- Protector-B or B+ (classic leather scent) helps reduce friction rubs dye transfer.

baglover
03-08-2021, 09:14 PM
>>> How do I remove the uneven shiny parts?

Use LeatherDyeRemover-7.9
(Note: Test first that original leather dye is not removed prior to use on foreign dyestuff).

Product Description:
LeatherDyeRemover-7.9 (pH value of 7.9) by Leather Doctor is a water-based formulation for dye stain removal. Especially effective on new blue jeans dye transfer onto leather and suede surface. This is a pH 7.9 high viscosity dyestuff remover that works by dwell-time allowing its superior penetrating, lubricating, and suspending power to do its work thus reduce unnecessary physical rubbing that may do more finishing damages to non-absorbent leathers. Absorbent leather and suede are to use a quick dry agitation with a lightly saturated cotton bud, pad, or cloth to avoid unnecessary product absorption by the leather and suede. As dyestuff is reverse-transfer, turn or change to new application and repeat until the stain is satisfactorily removed. The leather pH value of 3 to 5 needs to be balanced back from pH 7.9 exposure, especially the absorbent leather and suede and sticky residue removed with Acidifier-2.0 as a holistic leather and suede safe dye stain removal process. Prior damaged topcoat that affects the luster level is rectified according to the appropriate topcoat like MicroTop-54G, AnilineTop-76G, etc. Rub-resistant preventive care with Protector-B, D, W, or S is the final application to satisfied the tactile feel and an option with the classical scent of leather.

Absorbent Leather and Suede Instruction:
1- Transfer CleanDye-7.9 to lightly damp cotton bud, pad, or towel.
2- Lightly agitate the dye stain and observe the cotton bud.
3- If the dye is transfer to the cotton bud, repeat the entire stain area accordingly to satisfaction.
4- pH balance and rinse sticky residue with Acidifier-2.0
5- AnilineTop-76 in gloss or satin is an option for refinishing.
6- Protector-B or B+ (classic leather scent) helps reduce friction rubs dye transfer.

Is it because this is semi-aniline leather instead of aniline? Using hydrator alone is enough to clean the marks off a lambskin leather bag.

Roger Koh
03-09-2021, 04:38 PM
>>> Is it because this is semi-aniline leather instead of aniline? Using hydrator alone is enough to clean the marks off a lambskin leather bag.

So you have solve the stain mark with Hydrator-3.3?

baglover
03-09-2021, 05:22 PM
>>> Is it because this is semi-aniline leather instead of aniline? Using hydrator alone is enough to clean the marks off a lambskin leather bag.

So you have solve the stain mark with Hydrator-3.3?

I haven’t received the Dye Remover yet. The mark on aniline lambskin (Chanel) can be easily removed with hydrator. This didn’t work for this semi-aniline (I think) lambskin. Maybe I haven’t used enough hydrator? I used diluted stripper and it works. Otherwise I’ll wait for the Dye Remover...

Roger Koh
03-12-2021, 07:50 PM
OK, Thanks for the feedback.

Do you forget to post the final result of your other projects