PDA

View Full Version : Recliner sofa peeling

Quleera
06-11-2019, 04:32 AM
I have a 2014 Cyclone 3110 for a little more than 5 years. The finish on the sofas have just started peeling. It appears to be a common failure with the Lippert products. The wife wants to replace the furniture. Before I go to purchasing residential quality furniture I was wondering if anyone has purchased the RecPro recliner and how does its “faux leather” hold up to RV usage.
I need one advice Has anyone had any experience with stem cells?

I have this back/neck problem that I have been told is ostioporosis and the cartilage has collapsed and is now pinching the nerve and am in constant pain.

Options are biokinetic exercise sessions at R12k per course of 12 sessions with no guarantee of success or that I will not need another and then another course again with not guarantee it will cure the problem. The other option is a neck/lower back fusion that scares me to even think about.

The other option is a stem cell (https://stemcela.com/stem-cell-therapy-for-neck-pain/) implant. This is very new and the results are supposed to be nothing sort of miraculous for very difficult problems like cartilages that have been impossible to reconstruct up to now because they have no blood supply. This does not prevent repair if stem cells are injected into the affected joint.

The problem is there is very little info available on the subject and therefore the reason for the post. I would prefer taking my chances on this before doing a fusion or am I wrong?

Roger Koh
06-14-2019, 11:48 AM
>>> how does its “faux leather” hold up

"Faux Leather" or vinyl has not history of peeling.

It is the "Laminated Leather" or "Bicast Leather" that peeling is the common issue.

It is the failure of the base suede split layer that dries up it fatliquor (fat and oil) content and starts dry rotting that fails the upper lamination.

All leathers has a certain threshold in rub resistant and to prolong it a non-stick, rub-resistant protector that imparts a buttery-feel is recommended (the classic leather scent is an option), available as Protector-B+
http://www.leatherdoctor.com/protector-b-3/

"Faux Leather" will stiff up as it ages as its plasticizer evaporates as VOC (volatile organic compound).

Natural leather when periodically fatliquor replenished will retain its original suppleness regardless of age.

See this: Review of leather rejuvenation:

The Lazarus Effect 5 Star Review

Product Reviews - Posted by Larry Bauman on 31st Jul 2017

This product revived my 40 year old Sheepskin coat that cracked at the touch of it after applying another company's 'Restoration' product. That other product ruined my coat, and I was about to throw it away, but took a chance on the Leather Doctor. After applying Hydrater 3.3, I saw an immediate change. I then continued with the Fatliquor 5.0, and was shocked to see the change. My coat is now as soft and supple as it was when I purchased it in 1975! Don't even take a chance on valuable leathers with other companies' products, this one will amaze you sith its results.

http://www.leatherdoctor.com/fatliquor-5-0/

Hope this information is useful.

Roger Koh
Leather, Skin & Hair Care System Formulator
Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor / Coach
web: www.leatherdoctor.com
forum: www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com
email: [email protected]