PDA

View Full Version : Louis Vuitton Backpack - dryness and water marks!

Questions!
04-17-2019, 01:57 PM
Roger,
So on the backpack I’m going to send you a picture of, there was dryness and water marks. I did the hydrate- fat replenish - hydrate routine. I still had water marks, so I tried the Clean 3.8 followed by the rinse. It left the area inconsistent so I re did the hydrate-fat replenish- hydrate routine again. It’s ALMOST perfect, but I’d like it to be perfect if possible. There’s some browning left on the front. I’m not sure if I should now try Vachetta 2.8, because if I do, it may make the area inconsistent again and I’d have to do the entire routine again and I’m afraid to keep messing with it.
What do you think I should do?

Roger Koh
04-18-2019, 01:02 PM
>>> I did the hydrate- fat replenish - hydrate routine. I still had water marks,

To get rid of watermarks, products used, to move the watermarks have to go below the watermarks with a little moisture oozing when press with fingers to redistribute it. (These below surface watermarks is the possible tanning agents that are displace with alkaline overexposure and will need to be pH-balanced and redistributed to even out appearance - a pH value issue and not a cleaning issue).

>>> so I tried the Clean 3.8 followed by the rinse.

Clean-3.8 (pH value 3.8) and Rinse-3.0 (pH value 3.0) their pH value combination is not as low as VachettaPro-1.2 (pH value 1.2 ) and Acidifier-2.0 (pH 2.0) combination to counter balance any alkaline pH value overexposure. The entire leather section has to be completely SOAK through to redistribute the difference in pH value that manifests as watermarks.

>>> It’s ALMOST perfect, but I’d like it to be perfect if possible.

To be perfect, we have to adopt the same chemistry practice originally in the tannery. Any adulteration of chemistry in contrary to the tannery principal will turn Vachetta into a “pariah” and loose its “pureness” in its pH chemistry integrity. This is Leather Science in the Leather Doctor system.

>>> There’s some browning left on the front. I’m not sure if I should now try Vachetta 2.8, because if I do, it may make the area inconsistent again and I’d have to do the entire routine again and I’m afraid to keep messing with it.
What do you think I should do?

The Vachetta-2.8 is the last treatment to lighten up appearance. It is not meant to go deep into the leather structure to correct leather pH chemistry integrity.

The below tips suggest that every modular system process is contributing or dovetailing to the desired result back to the original.

Tips:

Step-1
Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0 > Hydrator-3.3 routine:
This routine is to replenished the fat and oil content up to the original average 15% prior to routine Step-2

Step-2
VachettaPro-1.2 > Acidifier-2.0 routine:
This is routine cleaning of general soiling with VachettaPro-1.2 and pH balancing or charging the leather protein fiber ionic positive (+ve) pre-conditioning to hydrogen bond with ionic negative (-ve) charged Fatliquor-5.0.

Step-3
Degeaser-2.2 > Acidifier-2.0 routine:
Observation of darkening areas from body oil, grease and sweat is degreased with Degreaser-2.2 and pH balance rinse with Acidifier-2.0.

Step-4
Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0 > Hydrator-3.3 routine:
This routine is to replenish the fat and oil content that may be removed with Degreaser-2.2 and replenishing up again to the original average 15%. This last of the Hydrator-3.3 step is just a clean up of Fatliquor-5.0 surface residue and a light surface clean suffice.

Step-5
Vachetta-2.8 routine:
This is the final surface treatment to lighten up or rejuvenate or redox (reduction-oxidation) Vachetta appearance.

Roger Koh
Leather, Skin & Hair Care System Formulator
Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor / Online-Life-Coaching
online store: www.leatherdoctor.com
forum: www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com
email: [email protected]