PDA

View Full Version : ( Stripp ) black aniline chairs

chet
04-12-2019, 06:36 AM
Hey roger this is Pat with chets cleaning. just wondering if you had any advice for us on a couple chairs we're doing. so far they've been cleaned, rinsed. then hydrated, and fat liquored for a couple days. they look better from when we started but there are a couple areas that still look a little light. ex: arms and foot rest( 1c+2b ) we have tried to apply aniline dye 21 because our main concern is keeping the feel as natural as possible but it seems the dye is a little too opaque. so my ultimate question is what should we use to bring a little more color into the more worn areas without changing the feel?

1a:scope9281

1b:scuff marks 9282

1c:light areas on arms 9283

2a:scope 9284

2b: light areas on foot rest9285

sorry the pictures are soo large!

chet
04-12-2019, 06:38 AM
sorry for the glare on the arm of the first chair. if needed I can re take but I think the best example of what's going on is the foot rest

Roger Koh
04-12-2019, 07:25 AM
>>> sorry the pictures are soo large!

A good picture is worth a thousand words . . .

>>> we have tried to apply aniline dye 21 because our main concern is keeping the feel as natural as possible but it seems the dye is a little too opaque.

Can you describe “too opaque” in other words?
or pictures of the "too opaque" for reference?

>>> so my ultimate question is what should we use to bring a little more color into the more worn areas without changing the feel?

Use AnilineTop-76G with Sand2000 in-between coatings to bring more color or deeper in color saturation or intensity to the “2b: light areas on foot rest” and “1b:scuff marks”.
Please do a testing to reveal or view if my assessment or evaluation is correct?

Roger Koh
Leather, Skin & Hair Care System Formulator
Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor / Online-Life-Coaching
online store: www.leatherdoctor.com
forum: www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com
email: [email protected]