PDA

View Full Version : LV (Loius Vuitton) bags showing darkened straps and stains.

Questions!
09-04-2018, 12:35 PM
Hi Roger, I’ve attached pictures of my LV bags showing darkened straps and stained Vachetta, do any of your products help to restore Vachetta to its original color and condition or close to it? If yes which kit or items do you recommend? I’ve read your forum but feel safer to ask you. Also would you include pictures of before and after treatment of your own? Not customers. Thanks!

Roger Koh
09-04-2018, 02:39 PM
>>> darkened straps

Body oil, grease and sweat darken the straps.
Potential cracking is due to the sweat that displaced the fatliquor (fat and oil) content.
So, to removes the darkening effect, keep in mind the potential of cracking it if the leather is insufficient hydrated with Hydrator-3.3 and replenished with sufficient Fatliquor-5.0 to a dry to the touch and usage of average 14% fatliquor content.

>>> and stained Vachetta,

Vachetta or naked vegetable-tanned leathers is pH sensitive, which is any liquid that is pH neutral of 7 and above will brown it. And sweat with a very small urea content when ferments browns the pH sensitive leather easily.
Vachetta is also UV light sensitive and sun-tan

>>> do any of your products help to restore Vachetta to its original color and condition or close to it?

See this Vachetta Leather Problem Solving Matrix to solve most of Vachetta issues:
Penetrated Body Oil, Grease and Sweat see Line #B1

See Line #B2 for general browning staining

See Line #B3 for lightening effect fro sun tanning.

>>> If yes which kit or items do you recommend?

Kit-V4 - Vachetta Leather Darkening Removal Kit
http://www.leatherdoctor.com/kit-v4-vachetta-leather-darkening-removal-kit/

>>> I’ve read your forum but feel safer to ask you.

When you have the kits ready I will go through with you.

>>> Also would you include pictures of before and after treatment of your own? Not customers. Thanks!

Here is an example I did some testing . . .

Roger Koh
Leather, Skin & Hair Care System Formulator
Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor / Coach
web: www.leatherdoctor.com
forum: www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com
email: [email protected]