PDA

View Full Version : Which Products to use on Eames style lounge chair

liltog
01-09-2018, 07:20 AM
Hello - I have an Eames style (possibly Plycraft brand) lounge chair that I would like to clean and restore as much as possible. It has staining and sun fading. I am unsure of the exact material and therefore not sure which products to use. Any help would be appreciated. Attaching photos.

Roger Koh
01-10-2018, 12:22 AM
The surface accumulated soiling is first removed with either Prep-7.7 for non-absorbent leathers and Prep-4.4 for absorbent leathers. There after the remaining residue is removed with Clean-3.8 > Rinse-3.0 system

Part of the stain in most cases is also removed. Otherwise remaining dye related stains are removed with CleanDye-7.9 > Acidifier-2.0 to pH balance to the leather pH neutral.

Sun fading restoration will need a color refinishing.

Note:
Test out with some water to see if it pools on its surface or absorbed and darkens.

Roger Koh
Leather Care System Formulator
Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor / Coaching
web: www.leatherdoctor.com
forum: www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com
email: [email protected]

liltog
01-10-2018, 07:35 AM
Hello Roger,

Thank you for the advice. I did the water test and most pools on the surface, so I assume I should treat this as non-absorbent leather?

I also noticed that some of the discoloration is where the body comes in contact with the chair, especially the head/neck area. Will the process you outlined take care of that type of staining? Is there a "kit" that can be purchased?

Is there an outline of the color refinishing process if I decided to do that as well?

Thanks so much.

Roger Koh
01-10-2018, 12:08 PM
>>> I also noticed that some of the discoloration is where the body comes in contact with the chair, especially the head/neck area. Will the process you outlined take care of that type of staining? Is there a "kit" that can be purchased?

Accumulated soiling, stains and coloring can be removed - that is color intensity reduction can be achieve - but there is no way to increase a sun fading color intensity from cleaning and stain removing. A kit for dye stain removal is Kit-Sa7.di

http://www.leatherdoctor.com/kit-sa7-di-semi-aniline-leather-dye-ink-stain-remover-kit/

>>> Is there an outline of the color refinishing process if I decided to do that as well?
A kit for color refinishing that is strong against sun fading is using Kit-Sa7.cl

http://www.leatherdoctor.com/kit-sa7-cl-semi-aniline-micro-pigment-leather-color-refinishing-kit/

I will provide more tips depending on which direction you wish to go.