PDA

View Full Version : Wax effect

Fswear
07-07-2017, 07:22 PM
Roger,
I have used your wax effect and it is really nice. May I ask why you need a protector top coat over the wax effect? I thought the wax effect was suppose to be the top coat by itself.
Regards,
Frank

Roger Koh
07-08-2017, 10:32 AM
>>> why you need a protector top coat over the wax effect? I thought the wax effect was supposed to be the topcoat by itself.

The EffectWax-8.6 has 2 functions. First is to rejuvenate the fashion pull-up effect that when stretched or pull lighten the leather a little, it will eventually dries up and the pull-up effect diminishes and will need periodic replenishing. Secondly, the crystal wax particulates will form on its surface and when activate with heat will transform into a waxy gloss. And for periodic care it may be sufficient to maintain the glossy appearance from one or two heavy application.

However, if the gloss level is below the standard that is from wearing out the topcoat, then AnilineTop-76G is re applied as an option to return to the original gloss.

That is to say perhaps in “periodic” care level, EffectWax-86 is used and in “restorative” care level AnilineTop-76G is recommended to restore the gloss as an option.

Roger Koh
Leather Care System Formulator
Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor
web: www.leatherdoctor.com
forum: www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com
email: [email protected]