PDA

View Full Version : Small rip due to accidental abrasion with cement on Chanel lambskin

bee-licious
05-16-2017, 02:03 PM
Hi Roger,

I have another Chanel, it is lambskin pigmented aniline leather. There is a small 4mm abrasion due to accidental rubbing with cement (not due to usage or cracking) that caused the leather to rub away. I have used red shoe polish as a temporary solution and unfortunately there isn't enough macro detail on my phone camera to show that the leather has been compromised (top layer of leather has rubbed away revealing a white/pale leather underneath) so the red shoe polish hides this a bit. However I'd like to fix the leather itself so further damage cannot be done.

Can you check my process?

Hydrator > Fat Liquor > Leather Impregnator 26 OR Bond 3-D (which of these two do you recommend for this situation?) > Aniline Topcoat 76G > Protector B+

I cannot decide between Impregnator 26 or Bond 3-D as the best leather repairer. I think Leather Impregnator is better because it is a surface abrasion repair but wanted to check with you. If I use impregnator how do I get the red color again? can I apply red shoe polish after the impregnator and then add top coats?

Thanks Roger!

Roger Koh
05-19-2017, 09:23 AM
>>> I have another Chanel, it is lambskin pigmented aniline leather.

The finishes does not sound right.

>>> there isn't enough macro detail on my phone camera to show that the leather has been compromised (top layer of leather has rubbed away revealing a white/pale leather underneath) so the red shoe polish hides this a bit.

Better to have pictures to eliminate the possibility of error (like lambskin pigmented aniline leather - if technical true, then this is a two-tone finishes with a pigment primary color and a hybrid aniline secondary color).

>>> Hydrator > Fat Liquor > Leather Impregnator 26 OR Bond 3-D (which of these two do you recommend for this situation?) > Aniline Topcoat 76G > Protector B+

Stripper-2.3 > Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0 > Hydrator-3.3 > Bond-3D > (Matching Finishes System) > Protector-B+

>>> I cannot decide between Impregnator 26 or Bond 3-D as the best leather repairer. I think Leather Impregnator is better because it is a surface abrasion repair but wanted to check with you.

Heavy surface repair use Bond-3D, light skin repair Adhesor-73.

>>> If I use impregnator how do I get the red color again? can I apply red shoe polish after the impregnator and then add top coats?

Unless the leather structure lost its tensile strength and becomes weak Impregnator-26 is not recommended. Color coat and top coat has to be from a matching system, otherwise it may have adhesion problem.