PDA

View Full Version : Couch redye

Dave
02-24-2017, 04:31 PM
I have a customer with a couch and ottoman he would like redyed. I am interested in how you would recomend re-dyeing this? I asked the customer to see if water soaks into it. She said when she places a couple of drops of water on the leather it takes about 8 seconds and starts to soak in.

Roger Koh
02-24-2017, 07:54 PM
>>> I am interested in how you would recommend re-dyeing this? I asked the customer to see if water soaks into it. She said when she places a couple of drops of water on the leather it takes about 8 seconds and starts to soak in.

Water droplet test to identify leather finishes is not very accurate, since both worn finishes of aniline and pigment will also becomes absorbent with such test. Don’t be surprise aniline will also “pool” water droplet without wetting the finishes. Then you will be confused with such “water droplet” test. Moreover, there are countless varieties of both aniline and pigment finishes and when come to refinishing we have to re-dyed or re-color back to its originality to retain the value of the leather. Otherwise, we are doing a dis-service to our customer.

Recommend that you take a picture of the reverse un-used cushion and tell your customer that dyeing to the exact appearance is highly recommended and ask whether she will be happy to have that kind of outcome.

Kit-A7.cl - Aniline Leather Dye Refinishing system recommended

Use this Aniline (A.fs) Full Sauvage Leather Problem Solving Matrix as guide . . .

Roger Koh
Leather Care System Formulator
Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor
web: www.leatherdoctor.com
forum: www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com
email: [email protected]