PDA

View Full Version : can this chanel flap be saved

cyberclick
10-17-2016, 08:35 PM
hi Roger

can this Chanel flap be saved, I know I will have to use hydrator then fatliquor, will I then use impreginator? then bond ?

Roger Koh
10-18-2016, 12:14 PM
can this Chanel flap be saved, I know I will have to use hydrator then fatliquor, will I then use impreginator? then bond ?

A complete restoration to both the structure and finishes would include these process:

A - Restorative Cleaning:
Body oil, grease and sweat based stain is recommended to be removed with Degreaser-2.2 > Acidifier-2.0 > Hydrator-3.3 system.
Dye transfer and other general stains is recommended to be removed with Prep-4.4 > Clean-3.8 > Rinse-3.0.
All other known stains are removed accordingly to the Aniline (A.fs) Full Sauvage Leather Problem Solving Matrix - see row #7 to #17 and process accordingly to the sequence of steps. However, all stains are removed continuously in the wet system prior to ‘Fatliquor-5.0’.

B - Repairs to Structural Problems
See row #30 to #35.

C - Repairs to Finish Problems:
See row #23 to #29

Aniline (A.fs) full sauvage - Leather Problem Solving Matrix

See this aniline refinishing Kit-A7.cl
http://www.leatherdoctor.com/kit-a7-cl-aniline-leather-dye-refinishing-kit/

Roger Koh
Leather Care System Formulator
Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor
web: www.leatherdoctor.com (http://www.leatherdoctor.com)
forum: www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com (http://www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com)
email: [email protected]

cyberclick
10-18-2016, 01:14 PM
thank you Roger, I will see what supplies I still have, I will order whats needed,

cyberclick
10-21-2016, 02:15 PM
I applied7140714171427143 the hydrator and fatliquor right away, in case it was too dry to start repairs, Ill let it naturally dry after then start repairs, I never used the impreginator before, but this sounds really good for the leather. here are a couple more photos of my progress so far, its been wrapped for about 20 hours with the hydrator and fatliquor

Roger Koh
10-22-2016, 12:12 AM
Tips!

While still saturated with both Hydrator-3.3 & Fatliquor-5.0 try to stretch from the reverse side using tip of a small marker pen to push the crease line and quilting shape forward. It will help in the appearance. This stretching could start from the end of the Hydrator-3.3 and at every subsequent Fatliquor-5.0 application.

Roger Koh
web: www.leatherdoctor.com
forum: www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com

cyberclick
10-30-2016, 06:27 PM
ITS getting there, looks better than when I first received it, I do find it hard to cover the stucco , as it white and must take a few more coats of the black? I didnt put the final gloss on yet because I find it looks so shiny already?

Roger Koh
10-31-2016, 09:50 AM
Tips!

>>> I do find it hard to cover the stucco, as it white and must take a few more coats of the black?
Mix the Stucco-90 with the black color before you apply.

>>> I didn’t put the final gloss on yet because I find it looks so shiny already?

AnilineTop-76G is to seal the dyestuff for durability and cleanability.

Roger Koh
web: www.leatherdoctor.com
forum: www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com

cyberclick
10-31-2016, 10:14 AM
ok, I will do that, thank you