PDA

View Full Version : Wax Pull-up Lether Sofa (Moore and Giles echo leather color limestone) had a Coffee Stain.

Questions!
06-03-2016, 02:43 PM
Hi I found some info on your forum and was wondering if you could help me with my sofa I recently purchased from Casco bay. I definitely feel I made a mistake choosing a light gray leather (Moore and Giles echo leather color limestone) and have already had a coffee stain on the armrest. Can you help me with a product to fix my stained area and also something to cleans and protects my sofa?
Thanks!!

#2 - Coffee Stain

#3 - Color Sample Description:

Echo produced by a fifth-generation Italian Tannery with an enduring reputation for quality and craftsmanship, Echo exhibits all the rich, subtle nuances of authentic leather.

Tanned with waters from the Italian Alps, its soft oil tannage and paraffin wax finish expose the natural beauty of the English bull hide canvas. The Echo name reflects the vibrant pull-up effect of this versatile leather. When upholstered, the crisp, transparent surface will reveal the intense color that resonates below.

Roger Koh
06-06-2016, 11:35 AM
>>> have already had a coffee stain on the armrest. I think it was a combination of both, but there was actual coffee on the bottom of the cup a guest placed down.

When heat comes in contact with wax pull-up leathers it will pull the wax to the surface as a darkening effect. Coffee has tannin, which is the color that stains it. Besides the, the color of the coffee, milk and sugar contributes to the stain as well.

Kit-Aw3.ns is formulated to solve such common stain.
http://www.leatherdoctor.com/kit-aw3-ns-aniline-wax-pull-up-leather-tannin-stain-remover-kit/

Leather DoctorŽ Kit-Aw3.ns, aniline wax pull-up leather tannin stain remover kit is formulated to remove cellulose stains such as coffee, tea, wine and other stains that derive from plants and vegetation will probably be removed with CleanTannin-3.5. It is a waterbased leather-safe tannin stain remover.
General cleaning to remove most compound stain residue is perform with CleanPro-1.5 follows with Acidifier-2.0 as rinse. When dry CleanTannin-3.5 is applied and let to dry for a redox (reduction-oxidation) chemical process to react with the tannin stain. With removal satisfaction the entire surface remaining residue is clean off with Clean-3.8 follows with Rinse-3.0. This combination process ends the tannin stain removal process. If there are other combination stains such as milk or cream from coffee that tends to coagulate and detectable with our finger tips CleanProtein-9.9 > Acidifier-2.0 system follows. See the Aniline Wax Pull-up Leather Problem Solving Matrix for other stain types removal.
When stains are gone the next phase is the leather rejuvenating process with Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0> Hydrator-3.3 system for leather suppleness from dryness and cracking. The fatliquor oil content fat plumps the leather with fullness.
Fashion effect rejuvenating with EffectWax-8.6 follows to replenish the pull-up effect structurally and also impart a surface wax crystalline when dry. The crystalline wax when activated with a heat blower transform into a characteristic glossy sheen. This acts as a barrier from ingress of liquid stains.
Typically most aniline wax pull-up leather comes with an additional gloss over the heat activated wax effect with AnilineTop-76G as an additional topcoat for better protection against liquid stains and may be added individually to this kit. http://www.leatherdoctor.com/anilinetop-76/
The final surface treatment to reduce wear of the leather is greatly reduced with a rub-resistant Protector-D that enhances a non-stick draggy-feel to shield against sticky soiling, besides healing and concealing lightening scuff and abrasion marks. The leather-scent version is available as Protector-D+. Note that the mentioned products suffix numbers denotes its pH value in this holistic approach to removing vegetables and plants derived stains from aniline wax pull-up leathers.

>>> Is there some kind of protective coating I can put on it that won't ruin the integrity of the leather?
Use AnilineTop-76G typically for gloss effect, otherwise satin luster is also available.