PDA

View Full Version : Dooney Splash bag collection bag

Alicia0308
04-22-2016, 05:52 AM

These are images of the bag itself. I noticed some of the stitching is white and other part is yellow. If its not all one uniform color does this mean its a fake? also can you tell if the brass lock is real? considering taking this to a jeweler to see if its real brass.

my other photos are not uploading properly. can i just email those to you? images of cosmetic bag and wallet

Alicia0308
04-22-2016, 05:57 AM

The above are images of the bag itself

The above images are of the cosmetic bag

Roger Koh
04-27-2016, 11:20 AM
>>> I noticed some of the stitching is white and other part is yellow. If its not all one uniform color does this mean it’s a fake?

The yellow could be a stain – Which of your pictures are you referring to.
I did see soiling of the thread on the bottom section and should be removed with Prep-7.7 > Clean-3.8 > Rinse-3.0 system.

>>> also can you tell if the brass lock is real? considering taking this to a jeweler to see if its real brass.
You have to take a look at the original and compare the stamping, color, weight and dimension are similar.
Brass color is restore by cleaning it with CleanTarnish-1.3 will remove all surface soiling impurities.

Roger Koh
05-18-2016, 09:46 AM
>>> What should I use to safely clean this bag, cosmetic case and wallet?

This Dooney & Bourke bag has 3 components:

1 - Fabric lining.
2 - Simulated printed logo
3 - Vachetta leather handle strap

Leather DoctorŽ Leather-Safe™system cleaning sequence recommended as above.

Fabric Lining:
For simplicity use Clean-3.8 (leather-safe pH 3-5) that will be safe when comes in contact with Vachetta.
Use Rinse-3.0 (leather-safe pH 3-5) to rinse-off soiling and cleaner residue.
Use Sanitizer-3.9 (leather-safe pH 3-5) after rinsing to give peace of mind as most bags harbors bacteria to a degree especially from an unknown used source.
Non-stick Protector-B or leather scented B+ to resist soiling and for easier next cleaning.

Simulated Printed Logo:
Use the same Clean-3.8 (leather-safe pH 3-5) that will be safe when comes in contact with Vachetta.
A non-stick, rub-resistance buttery-feel Protector-B or B+ recommended.

Vachetta Leather:
Use the same Clean-3.8 (leather-safe pH 3-5) that will be safe when comes in contact with Vachetta.
Body oil, grease or sweat darkening effect to the handle use Degreaser-2.2 > Acidifier-2.0 (leather-safe pH 3-5) system.
pH related browning discoloration or blotchiness use VachettaPro-1.5 > Acidifier-2.0 (leather-safe pH 3-5) system.
Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0 > Hydrator-3.3 (leather-safe pH 3-5) system rejuvenates the vachetta leather for suppleness and prevents premature cracking.
Lightening of the vachetta as necessary with Vachetta-2.8 (leather-safe pH 3-5) system
Protector for Vachetta used Protector-D

Products mentioned are found in this Kit-V3+ and others may be added individually or pick those mentioned individually from the on-line store accordingly.
http://www.leatherdoctor.com/kit-v3-vachetta-leather-browning-dyestuff-removal-kit/

I will walk you through when you are ready.

Roger Koh
Leather Care System Formulator
Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor
web: www.leatherdoctor.com
forum: www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com
email: [email protected]