PDA

View Full Version : Need help ID'ing and cleaning white leather sectional

LeatherNoob
02-24-2016, 04:40 PM
Hi, hopefully my question is appropriate here. I purchased a used Ligne Roset white leather sectional. It's about 8 years old and the areas of heaviest used are noticeably discolored. I'd like to do what I can to "clean" these areas so it appears closer to what it looked like new. I've attached to cross-section photos from the pillow, which hopefully be enough information to ID the type of leather involved. The other photos show the contrast between a barely-used, matching pillow and the seating areas. Any assistance is greatly appreciated, thanks!

LeatherNoob
02-25-2016, 09:35 AM
I realize now how enormous my photos are. I can try to re-post smaller versions if that would be helpful.
Thanks in advance for any advice.

Roger Koh
02-25-2016, 01:46 PM
Pictures are good!

Roger Koh
02-25-2016, 02:33 PM
>>> which hopefully be enough information to ID the type of leather involved.

This leather is identified as ‘Pigmented’ (Monotone-Embossed).

>>> It's about 8 years old and the areas of heaviest used are noticeably discolored. I'd like to do what I can to "clean" these areas so it appears closer to what it looked like new.

Use Prep-7.7 > Clean-3.8 > Rinse-3.0 > Protector-B system.
The main product to removed accumulated soiling is with Prep-7.7 and I would apply and leave it overnight for the product to does its work that will reduce unnecessary physical effort that may remove some weak areas. A soft horsehair detailing Brush-1 is only need to agitate the suspended soiling with Clean-3.8 and rinse to a squeaky-feel with Rinse-3.0. If some areas are absorbent I recommend to rejuvenate the leather structure for suppleness with Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0 system, otherwise wait until micro finishes cracking appears or a darkening effect after rinsing. Thereafter Protector-B will impart a non-stick surface and reduce friction rubs with a buttery feel. Option for the leather scented version is available as Protector-B+.
You may see the above-mentioned products in this Kit-P3 and refer to the instruction for Restorative Care

http://www.leatherdoctor.com/kit-p3-pigmented-leather-care-kit/

Refer to this Pigmented (P) Monotone Leather Problem Solving Guide other than #6 accumulative or restorative cleaning as described above.

jetpressurecleaning
03-04-2016, 02:46 AM
Images are good and also products.