PDA

View Full Version : Help with Aniline Dyes

bolt66
06-05-2009, 10:20 PM
I need some advice regarding this Chanel Bag, I applied d'Oil4.4 to get rid of some dye stains (along with relaxer3.3 and fatliquor5.0).

It worked, the dye stains mostly faded - but now the areas where they faded away from are noticeably lighter than the rest of the bag.

My client wants to re-dye the whole bag to the same color so it will be even.

I have no experience mixing transparent aniline colors - can you give me an idea of the mix I should use for this, thanks.

Michael

http://i40.tinypic.com/wjgia9.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/s1ojgn.jpg

http://i44.tinypic.com/11252ww.jpg

Roger Koh
06-06-2009, 10:29 AM
Very good pictures!

Please give some description to the pictures:

Picture #1 looks like the back side, besides is this the before or after picture?
Picture #2 must be the front side, what do you want us to see?
Is Picture #3 the before or after damage areas?

What causes the dye stains (is it rubbing from blue jeans?).

Can you indicate to us the affected areas (but now the areas where they faded away from are noticeably lighter than the rest of the bag.) I can only see lighter and darkening areas at Picture #3.

To test water repellency - spray rinse3.0 over these areas (rinse3.0 will not leave rings or marks when dry) to check even penetration (take a picture!).

I will continue with the color restoration next!

Roger

bolt66
06-08-2009, 08:57 AM
For some reason I can only see two pictures.

The one on top (side of bag) shows the lightening on the bottom part of the bag.

Previous to application of D'Oil and Relaxer, it was noticeably darker.

The second picture shows the top of the bag where the D'Oil did not work so well, the center of the picture has a lightened portion and under it the dye is still there.

Roger Koh
06-08-2009, 12:06 PM
Types of Aniline Dyes:
aniPureDye21™ is a transparent penetrating dye.
anilineDye27™ is a transparent coating dye.
anilineColor25™ is a translucent coating dye.

Types of Aniline Top Coats:
aniPureTop73M™ & aniPureTop73G™ (protects aniPureDye21™).
anilineTop79G™, anilineTop79M™ & anilineTop54HG (protects aniPureDye21™, anilineDye27™ & anilineColor25™).

Mixing Aniline Dyes:
aniPureDye21™ color is mixed within the system.
anilineDye27™ & anilineColor25™ can be mixed across system.

Mixing Top Coats:
All five Aniline Top Coats can be intermixed.

The above are the characteristic of dyes and topcoats.

The question now is which to use and how to use.

Point to remember:
Where dye stains is still there, using a transparent dye will not block the stain unless a “translucent” color is used, therefore to maintain its original characteristic foreign dyes and contamination has to be completely remove before transparent dyeing attempt.

These are the priority on how to solve the problem:
1: Complete removal of dye stains or foreign contamination.
2: If the leather is absorbent relaxer3.3™ may bring out the dyes to the surface.
3: fatliquor5.0™ may increase the shade of the color.
4: Worn topcoat and darken areas like Picture#3 need leatherEraser4™ to further remove wick up soiling.
5: Stretching and working with either leatherTool6™ or stake70™ will reduce the darkening effect.
6: Determine the Topcoat sheen, most likely its satin by mixing anilineTop79G™ & anilineTop79M™ and test on hidden area.
7: Apply lightly with cotton swab let dry and stretch after each application - this process will bring out the original dye color.
8: Avoid using “penetrating dyes” as uneven absorption will produce different color shade.
9: As majority of the bag I believe has been topcoat, it is wiser to use anilineDye27™ to coat over the existing topcoat to even out the shade difference.
10: Thereafter a matching topcoat to protect the anilineDye27™.

Caution:
Whenever aniline leathers has a topcoat that hindrance penetration - penetrating dyes is to be avoided.

Tips:
Practice! Practice! Practice!

Roger