PDA

View Full Version : Aniline (Full) - Henredon - Re-Dye a brand new Aniline Chair Damaged upon delivery for: - 'Steve Willard'

chet
04-02-2015, 05:49 AM
Henredon new chair, scratch through dilvery need Dye match to re-dye chair.

Mike

02-A 4867
02-B 4868
02-C 4869
02-D 4870
02-E 4871
02-F 4872
02-G 4873

I was here and cleaned it allready, what should we proceed with when Dye arrives?

Roger Koh
04-03-2015, 12:39 PM
>>> I was here and cleaned it already,

Is O2-A picture show before cleaning?
What do you used for cleaning?

>>> what should we proceed with when Dye arrives?

Scuffs and scratches are first work with fine sanding to remove the topcoat – that is, feathering it out to the entire section.
Test it with Aniline-76G to see how it response on the worst areas – should bring at least 80% back to original.
A light coating of matching Aniline-76 system will produces the best result.

chet
04-09-2015, 03:53 AM
Roger, I had him clean3.8, rinse, hydrate and fatliquor. Use a hairdryer and try and manipulate leather to hide the scratch. we tried this in home, but the scratch was too deep and didn't respond. So mike sent a swatch to you on April 2nd. He ordered Aniline 76 250ml which we might need when we return to finish the repair.

Roger Koh
04-09-2015, 07:49 AM
Will look out for the sample.

chet
04-14-2015, 06:59 AM
Customer name "Willard" I think Aniline 76 is ok

Roger Koh
04-14-2015, 10:57 AM
According to your order it is Aniline-76.

Color matching is a few tone more saturated than the sample.

You will need either to apply a thin coating or reduced with Aniline-76 Clear if you wish to apply more layers.

Roger Koh
04-21-2015, 02:21 PM
>>> I was here and cleaned it already, what should we proceed with when Dye arrives?

Dye application should be the last attempt, fearing that uneven absorption rate may produce a higher color intensity thus may be darker than expected.
A test should be done with AnilineTop-21G to level up may even darkens up.
However a little stretching with a smooth leather spatula lightens up.
Adhesor-73 may give a darker contrast as it pulls up the existing dyestuff.
Dyeing then will depend on how the repairs turn out and may have to camouflage accordingly – that is moving it darker.
Recommended this technical difficulty inherent to the leather be conveyed to your customer.
Sighting that most of ‘full Aniline’ have natural markings from incident during the lifetime of the animal.
There is no difference when incident happens during the life of this leather as well – any repairs will tends to darkens even with the lightest transparent topcoat like AnilineTop-21G (Aniline-76G is the heavy duty version).

Tips:
Feather out the damages with fine sandpaper.
Only removes the existing topcoat.
Leather grain when sand becomes more porous - thus darkening effect becomes more prominent.

Tips:
AnilineTop-21G / 76G application in very fine dry spray to reduce saturation onto damaged areas.
Surrounding areas are wiped off with lint free towel and rinse off to reduce build-up.
Further sanding helps even out appearance.
Repeat the above with custom matched Aniline-76.

Roger Koh
Leather Care Consultant / Practitioner
[email protected]