PDA

View Full Version : Pigmented (Two-Tone) - Sofa, Loveseat, Chair & Ottoman for: - 'Anderson'

chet
03-12-2015, 11:33 AM
Roger,
We will be restoring this furniture group. The sample is in mail 3-12-15. Mostly light cat scratch, some fading, and some wear. There is also worn welting.
How should we proceed to clean and prep for dying.
We are ordering 2 Quarts Antique, when you get the sample let us know if that is the correct dye.

1- Overall before

2- A back cushion with swatch on it.

3- Bottom cushion showing cat scratch and wear

4- Ottoman

5- Sofa

6- Chair

chet
03-12-2015, 11:47 AM
Roger I need your website Phone number and name. I carefully numbered each picture with a caption and when the website downloads it messes them up.

Roger Koh
03-12-2015, 06:26 PM
>>> How should we proceed to clean and prep for dying.

Comment:
Recommend Prep-7.7 > Clean-3.8 > Rinse-3.0 system as the preparatory cleaning process.
Allowing a heavy Prep-7.7 application to all body contact areas and let it work overnight or two or until it
dries makes cleaning easier – just spray Clean-3.8 horsehair agitates and towel extract until towel shows clean.
Remaining sticky residue is removed with Rinse-3.0 agitates and towel extract until a squeaky clean.
If tackiness persists pH balanced with Acidifier-2.0.
We will discuss further after feedback from the above preparatory cleaning process.

chet
04-14-2015, 06:45 AM
This is getting confusing and difficult, I asked in above post (We are ordering 2 Quarts Antique, when you get the sample let us know if that is the correct dye) You never let me know if that is correct?
Customer name is "Anderson"

Roger Koh
04-14-2015, 10:32 AM
Samples shows monotone.
Sofa sample is darker.
Loveseat sample color is lighter.
Color should be match with the darker for both pieces.
Micro-54 with its ‘opaque’ appearance would be easier for coverage over color loss and repairs producing a monotone appearance.
Antique-27 with its ‘translucent’ appearance would need more layers for coverage but would appear more in high-end appearance.

You decide!