PDA

View Full Version : Pigmented (Micro or Semi-Aniline) - Scratched and worn blue sofa, for: "Hicks"

chet
02-17-2015, 06:23 AM
Roger,
We have received the dye Micro-54 (should we have ordered Aniline-76 or antique-27?)
We have this sofa to restore. How should we proceed to prep clean, hydrate, repair worn welt and cat scratches, and re-dye?

Overall b4 Looks good, no fading, doesn't look excessively soiled. But does have cat scratch and the welting is worn.

Picture of swatch, and brand name

close up of cat scratch on arm

worn welting

Worn welting

Swatch against upper back shows very little or no fading.

chet
02-17-2015, 06:31 AM
We did start prep cleaning. We applied prep 7.7 and agitated it in allowed to dwell for half an hour. Applied clean 3.8 more agitation and extracted with towels. Repeated with clean till towels showed clean. Rinsed and extracted with towels. Hydrate and fat liquored, covered to let hydrate overnight.

Next step? Adhesion, scrub with 3m white pad extract with paper towel?

Roger Koh
02-17-2015, 11:37 AM
>>> We applied prep 7.7 and agitated it in allowed to dwell for half an hour.

If you have all the time . . . follow up the cleaning the next day allowing the Prep-7.7 to work out the fullest.

>>> Hydrate and fat liquored, covered to let hydrate overnight.

Hydrator-3.3 should be let working overnight or up to 72hrs keep saturated at interval and cover to control evaporation – objective is to bring back the aniline color back to the lightening scratches or missing finishes.
Only if color improves that Fatliquor-5.0 commences.

>>> Next step? Adhesion, scrub with 3m white pad extract with paper towel?

One function of Adhesor-73 is to activate the color from the missing finishes or scratches.
The other function is to ensure good adhesion promotion by using a white scoring pad and remove excess with lint-free towel. Any surface repair is smooth with Adhesor-73 with in between dry sanding wipe off with Adhesor-73 and is ready to receive coloring.

chet
02-26-2015, 06:04 AM
We scrubbed in the adhesor with white scouring pad, wiped off with paper towels. very little transfer, and no color came back.

How should we proceed?
I was going to add some color to the adhesor and srub in and wipe off with paper towel before proceeding.
I was going to mix 3d glue with color to repair scratches.
If there are deeper scratches I was going to mix 3d with stucco and color to fill.
Lightly sand as necesary and finish filling and repairing scratches
Then apply top coat.

Roger Koh
02-26-2015, 09:22 AM
How should we proceed?
I was going to add some color to the Adhesor-73 and scrub in and wipe off with paper towel before proceeding.
I was going to mix 3d glue with color to repair scratches.
If there are deeper scratches I was going to mix 3d with stucco and color to fill.
Lightly sand as necessary and finish filling and repairing scratches
>>> Apply Adhesor-73 to the entire surface, scrub it and sand it when dry to have an even feel by hand.
>>> Color coating with matching color Micro-54 and add up to 10% of Crosslinker-25 for flow control.
Then apply topcoat.