PDA

View Full Version : Aniline (Wax Pull-up) - Nasty Cat Urine - "Gonzalez"

chet
01-09-2015, 08:16 AM
Roger, we have 2 cushions from a sofa with severe cat urine that has soaked through the leather into the foam. I know how to handle the inside foam. How should we proceed to remove urine from leather.

Some stains showing on leather surface

Same

Stains and urine soaked through hide and into cushions

Roger Koh
01-09-2015, 01:05 PM
See this system Kit-Aw5.uk below.

Do you have d'Urine-2.1?

Time is an essence as the leather denatures very fast due to the ammonia (up to pH 10 when odor is detected) fermented from the uric acid.

Need the pH 2.1 to neutralized it to a squeaky feel.

When the leather is slimmy or tacky it is turning bad just like the freshness of a fish or other protein meat that turns bad.

I will go into details when you are ready.

Yes the leather is identify as Wax Pull-up Effect positively.

Work from the reverse suede side preferred!

Roger Koh
Leather Care Consultant
[email protected]

Leather DoctorŽ Kit-Aw5.uk, aniline wax pull-up leather urine killer kit is designed to decontaminate urine problems. Aged urine is detectable with its characteristic ammonic odor. The presence of ammonic odor may indicate the shifting of pH value up to 10. The leather will most likely feel sticky or slimy with wet finger testing it. This stickiness is a sign of leather denaturing and reverting to rawhide. pH balance to stabilize the denaturing leather is rectify with Acidifier-2.0 prior to cleaning the protein residue with d’Protein-10. Rinse-3.0 may follow prior to treatment with d’Urine-2.1. At this stage, the leather should feel squeaky after returning to its chemistry integrity of pH 3 - 5. Stiff leather is relaxed and sticks together fiber separated by Hydrator-3.3. The penetrated stain removing process continues with hydrating prior to fat and oil replenishing with leather scented Fatliquor LS-5.5. Wax Effect-8.6 rejuvenates the structural wax pull-up effect and coagulates a cloudy waxy coating on the surface to be heat activated into the characteristic glossy sheen. The surface wear of the leather is greatly reduced with a rub-resistant Protector-D+ that enhances a non-stick draggy-feel to shield against sticky soiling, besides healing and concealing lightening scuff and abrasion marks. Note that the mentioned products suffix numbers denotes its pH value in this holistic approach for aniline wax pull-up leathers urine decontamination process.

chet
01-12-2015, 06:18 AM
Yes, we have d urine, I was confused as to the sequence of products and steps.

Roger Koh
01-12-2015, 09:01 AM
>>> Yes, we have d’Urine-2.1, I was confused as to the sequence of products and steps.

Your phone call mentioned the smell is bad and the stain is more than a month old.
When the smell is bad the pH value may have reach 10 that is the smell of ammonia, a stronger smell would be mercaptan. Such is a situation where the pH chemistry is destabilized and one likely occurrence is the likely cracking of the leather when the leather goes through a drying cycle having in mind the adverse effect of Van der Waal or London Forces at play making the diminishes fatliquor fibers becoming sticking closer together, stiffing it and mishandle cracks. Tips is not allow the leather dried too stiff to handle, wet backing it with Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0 and flexing it while at 25% to 14% moisture level is ideal.

In practice:

First Phase:
1st – Spray d’Urine-2.1 and saturate the stain entirely.
2nd – Agitate with a spatula to loosen soiling.
3rd – Terry towel in place in between and the leather is squeeze through with spatula.
4th – Second round d’Urine-2.1 application, agitation and towel extract through a high lift vacuum cleaner.
5th – Re-application, agitation, towel with vacuuming until towel shows clean.
6th – Spray Fatliquor-5.0 and brush to even out with suede Brush-3 (at an angle).
7th – Re-apply as the water contents of the fatliquor evaporates perhaps at 4hrs interval or before it dries stiff.

Please show your progess and I will continue with Second Phase.

Our objective is not only decontaminate the urine of its smell but also prevents the leather from cracking.

Roger Koh
Leather Care Consultant
[email protected]

chet
01-12-2015, 12:23 PM
saturated with dUrine, squeegeed with spatula, extracted with towels, many times. ran out of dUrine, now using Acidifier, same procedure, then extracted with truckmount. Let dwell for several hours then repeated same procedure, and then applied hydrator and fatliquore. I'm sure there is still urine in the leather. I can't think of a method of getting it all out? I've gone through 3 dozen towels and several quarts of d urine and acidifier.

Roger Koh
01-12-2015, 01:10 PM
What is the smell level?

chet
01-13-2015, 09:28 AM
surprisingly very little smell, it is stiff and I have now applied hydrator and fatliquore for the 4th time.

Roger Koh
01-13-2015, 10:08 AM
What is the tactile-feel of the leather in this wet condition - slimy, tacky or squeaky?

chet
01-13-2015, 11:35 AM
Still a little slimy

chet
01-13-2015, 12:04 PM
Most smell and stiffness in these hard to clean areas.

Stiff

Nasty dark stains inside

Scraped with razor and it drastically improves appearance. Still some odor.

Did the slime test, it is only slightly slimy with some odor left. Can enzymes be used on leather, like "Molecular Modifier"?

Roger Koh
01-13-2015, 12:45 PM
>>> Did the slime test, it is only slightly slimy with some odor left. Can enzymes be used on leather, like "Molecular Modifier"?

NO!

Most of these so called enzyme products has a pH value between 7 to 8.

And used, compounded the already alkaline environment, making such treatment further degenerates the leather into stiffness and cracking.

The slimy tactile-feel with wet fingers has to be return back to a squeaky feel to return the leather to its original pH chemistry integrity (between 3 to 5).

d'Urine-2.1 recommended for such pH neutralizaton.