PDA

View Full Version : Aniline (Full Mono-Tone) - Faded Leather Chair - "Fisher"

chet
07-14-2014, 09:47 AM
Roger, We have a client that needs their severely faded leather chair restored. We might need to dye the sofa and other chair after this chair is done, so they all match. It appears to be a semi aniline. Very dark green originally. I am sending an original swatch and will need 1 Quart of dye. Clients Name: Fisher

Other furniture

Roger Koh
07-22-2014, 09:41 AM
Still waiting for "Fisher" sample to come in.
tips: Good to show color fading contrast by placing a reverse cushion against the lightest faded area.

Meanwhile have received your "MELOCHE" Sample (dark maroon), please post some pictures for reference.

chet
12-30-2014, 06:05 AM
Roger, we are doing more of these leather pieces. However, I have leftover dye, but this is the order that was damaged and I don't know what dye it is? Antique or Micro 54

chet
12-30-2014, 06:19 AM
The dye is Micro 54. I have a question as to easy method of protecting rivets from dye? this chair has a lot of rivets. Also can you add Fisher to end of the name of this thread?

chair

Seat

faded arm

faded side

Roger Koh
12-30-2014, 11:28 AM
>>> This chair has a lot of rivets. I have a question as to easy method of protecting rivets from dye.

Apply Protector-B or B+ using a cotton swab neatly over the rivets or studs for later easy clean up with a damp horsehair Brush-1 or a damp terry towel.

>>> Also can you add Fisher to end of the name of this thread?

Done

>>> The dye is Micro-54

From close-up pictures this leather is most likely Aniline a transparent dyestuff.
Choice would be Aniline-76 (transparent) first, Antique-27 (translucent) second and Micro-54 (opaque) third in terms of value but also has its degrees of difficulties to match in. Micro-54 has a lower degree of application difficulty, as “what you see is what you get” but ends up without the beauty of depth when compared with Anilne-76.
Leather can be refinished in a progressive sequence as described above from transparency to opacity but not in reverse.

Roger Koh
Leather Care Consultant
[email protected]