PDA

View Full Version : Slight Shininess but no Oiliness to Napa Leather

AdamGarciaTX
05-25-2014, 11:13 AM
I was wondering how to go about this problem. My seats have a slight shininess to them but they don't really feel oily or greasy. I used the cleaner 4,9, 7.7, and 3,8 then applied the fatliquor, and 3,3 hydrator to them but they still have this look. I recently had the center console armrest replaced and that's how the leather used to look when I initially got it. How can I get rid of this slight sheen and get it back to the soft, very matte finish like it used to be. I have attached a picture for reference. You can see the sheen well on the driver side bolster. (Pay no attention to the car's mini-me on the back seat deck. lol.)

Roger Koh
05-25-2014, 08:34 PM
This sheen could be reduced with simply applying Protector-D on an on-going schedule or whenever the need arises.

A permanent correction would require a MicroTop-54 available in 4 levels of luster and perhaps either of the satin, matte or dull will definitely match up.
A topcoat is applied after Prep-7.7 > Clean-3.8 > Rinse-3.0.

Roger Koh
Leather Care Consultant
www.LeatherDoctor.com

Products information:

Leather DoctorŽ Protector-D (Draggy Feel-79) is design for Aniline and Nubuck Wax Pull-up, Bicast, Vachetta, Steering Wheel and Leather Flooring. This is a non-film forming, non-stick scentless protector that enhances a natural draggy-feel. It imparts a non-stick breathable barrier essentially to shield the detrimental effects of sticky soiling. Its natural draggy-feel protection increases the leather resistance to wet and dry rubs, thus reduce stretch, scuff and abrasion. It is also used as a scuff repairer, filling and concealing surface scuffs to improve appearance. The drag produces an unforgettable familiar sound sweet to the ears when leather rubs.

Leather Doctor MicroTop-54

Leather DoctorŽ MicroTop-54 is available in four levels of luster - matte, gloss and satin for pigmented upholstery leathers. A dull or extra matte is created for the auto desired luster level. These lusters are intermixable to produce the in-betweens to match. These are waterbased soft polyurethane topcoats that are lightfast and non-yellowing. They have excellent flow and leveling properties, recoatable and form a flexible tough film. Satin, matte and dull will require good stirring and filtering prior to application.

Luster is available in Matte, Gloss and Satin for home furnishing and Dull for auto seats