PDA

View Full Version : Chanel - Patent Leather Bag - restoring whiteness

flyygal
01-28-2014, 10:51 AM
i have bought a pre-loved white patent leather chanel bag which shows lots of signs of wear and stains both inside and out. Do i have a chance of ever restoring it to its former glory? or will I have to color it black?

Roger Koh
01-28-2014, 01:29 PM
Patent leather although it looks indestructible with its tough coating, somehow most of the stain becomes penetrated and goes beneath the surface that becomes unreachable. Having a secondary translucent coloring will be a better alternative than just black. Going all the way to black may have its issue when the finishes is scratch it will reveal the white base and could be quite obvious due to contrast in color. A complimentary secondary coloring will still have a white back ground but camouflaging and enhancing the beauty as well. This can be accomplished with a choice of secondary coloring such as Pearl-97 with pearly effect; or metallic color effect such as from the Metallic-98 range of Gold, Silver, Bronze or Copper; or Fluoresce-96 fluorescent silver that glows in the dark. You may see some of these mentioned products when you search from this on-line store: http://www.leatherdoctor.com/servlet/StoreFront

If this idea sounds attractive, we can go into details how to accomplished it.

Roger Koh
Leather Care Consultant
www.LeatherDoctor.com

chewster
07-16-2017, 10:55 PM
Dear Roger or Leather Care Consultant,

I have a similar problem with my Chanel patent leather purse except it is yellowing. What are my options to restore to its former glory? or is black my only option?

Patent leather although it looks indestructible with its tough coating, somehow most of the stain becomes penetrated and goes beneath the surface that becomes unreachable. Having a secondary translucent coloring will be a better alternative than just black. Going all the way to black may have its issue when the finishes is scratch it will reveal the white base and could be quite obvious due to contrast in color. A complimentary secondary coloring will still have a white back ground but camouflaging and enhancing the beauty as well. This can be accomplished with a choice of secondary coloring such as Pearl-97 with pearly effect; or metallic color effect such as from the Metallic-98 range of Gold, Silver, Bronze or Copper; or Fluoresce-96 fluorescent silver that glows in the dark. You may see some of these mentioned products when you search from this on-line store: http://www.leatherdoctor.com/servlet/StoreFront

If this idea sounds attractive, we can go into details how to accomplished it.

Roger Koh
Leather Care Consultant
www.LeatherDoctor.com