PDA

View Full Version : Conditioning vintage sheepskin flight pants

rharris
01-05-2014, 10:34 AM
I have a vintage pair of Swedish flight pants. I have used leather doctor products before on sheepskin coats with good results. Hydrator, Fat liquor. The issue with the pants is that I can not gain access to the skin side of the sheepskin as it is covered with a heavy cotton canvas. This is the outside of the pants. Can I use the products mentioned and apply it to the hair side of the sheepskin????? Or is there a better way??

Thank you!!!!!!!!!

Roger Koh
01-06-2014, 12:19 PM
Thanks,

Please show some pictures, like to know how thick is the wool / shearling is.

Using a comb for parting the wool helps to spray directly onto the skin from the wool side.

Yes to rejuvenate the leather for softness a Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0 system is the standard for all leather types.

Roger Koh
Leather Care Consultant
www.LeatherDoctor.com

rharris
01-06-2014, 12:44 PM
I am not very camera savy. The wool has a short nap much like a flight jacket. But it is a fairly tight weave. Will the fatliquor harm the wool if sprayed from that side???

Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roger Koh
01-06-2014, 12:51 PM
Wool has a pH value averages 5.5, Fatliquor-5.0 has a pH of 5 - no harm to the wool.

Except when dry may feel sticky, due to the oil and fat and may need to be clean off with wool Degreaser-5.6 follows with wool Rinse-4.0.
Thereafter Protector-S sensuousnizes the wool or shearling with a non-stick silky-feel tactile-feel with a classic leather scent.