PDA

View Full Version : 2002 Inifiniti G20 Leather Help

DIYAutoHelp
12-17-2013, 06:00 PM
So I just got myself a 2002 infiniti g20 for a good deal but it needs a little TLC. I was wondering if anyone has recommendations for fixing these rips/holes that are in the interior?

Can I fix these myself? Would it be better for a professional to do it and around how much? Or do I need to buy a whole new seat. I did see leather seat covers, but I kind of rather keep the real leather seats, and just restore them the best I can. I don't have a large amount of money to spend, so I'm looking for the least costly option but that won't be horrible looking.

Thanks for reading and responses!

I'm not sure, but I'm guessing the middle console would probably be easiest replaced with a new one? The other picture is that of the left side of the drivers seat.

Roger Koh
12-18-2013, 10:50 AM
>>> but I kind of rather keep the real leather seats,

These are simulated leathers, fake, vinyl, synthetic or what ever name to it – Not real leather.

It has probably reached its end of useful life.

When picking up new leathers make use the reverse side is suede.

And if it is suede make sure that it is not laminated to suede as well.

Tips:

Preventive care of new leathers start of with Protector-B+ to impart the leather with a non-stick, rub-resistant, buttery-feel with a classic leather scent. This keeps the leather clean looking longer and wears longer especially sliding in and out of the leather seat noiselessly free of friction rubs.

Roger Koh
Leather Care Consultant
www.LeatherDoctor.com

DIYAutoHelp
12-19-2013, 08:39 AM
Ah alright. Thanks alot for the information!