PDA

View Full Version : Pigmented (Mono-Tone) - White liquid shoe polish on aniline recliner

Paul Demers
05-28-2013, 07:03 AM
I am in process of dipping my toe into leather cleaning. Only products I have right now is the Hydro-Force leather cleaner, conditioner, and protector.

I was cleaning some upholstery the other day, and customer showed me a off-white aniline recliner on which she applied white liquid shoe polish over the stitching because the thread was dirty and she could not get them clean with God knows what... so she decided to cover over them with the shoe polish. Now she has one inch streaks of white shoe polish she can't wash off..... asked me If I could remove.

This is the liquid shoe polish that has the applicator brush on top.... not really a polish ... more like a paint!!

Would the Hydro-Force leather cleaner work... I am guessing not. So what product do I need, and what do I need to watch out for?

Thanks
Paul

Roger Koh
05-28-2013, 09:43 AM
Sounds like you will need Stripper-2.3.

Leather DoctorŽ Stripper-2.3 is a pH 2.3 duality residue free hydrocarbon formulated leather finish stripper with bleeding control. It is use to remove existing old finishes or overspray for all leather types.

You may also like to see some of the cleaning products in this link:

http://www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com/forum/showthread.php?8215-Leather-Doctor-Product-Description-and-Instruction

It would be easier if you have pictures to properly identify the leather finish as well to determine how strong it is, otherwise you have to do a test on hidden corners to find which product is safer.

Roger Koh
[email protected]