PDA

View Full Version : Louis Vuitton - Clean and tidy Louis Vuitton monogram bag

CJCThomas
11-29-2012, 08:04 AM
952952953954955Hi again Roger

I'm purchasing this vintage Vuitton bag. It's in very good condition, just needs a but of a clean an nourish to restore it back to almost new. I know (nor do I want) the trim will not return to the original pale biscuit colour, but I want to clean this up in particular.

Again, any help much appreciated

Roger Koh
12-03-2012, 10:43 AM
The “Vachetta” leather trim derive from hides that is vegetable-tanned without a finish. When new it takes on a pale biscuit color and gradually it will mellow into a dark tan color. Sunlight exposure alone will able to tan or darken its color just like our skin, unlike aniline dyed leathers that fades instead. The only possible solution to lighten these darkening of the vegetable tannins is to apply a d’Tannin-3.5.

Skin contact areas will have the tendency to darken as oil, grease and sweat accumulates to a sheen. These contaminating soiling are removed by Degreaser-2.2 follows by Rinse-3.0.

Nourishing the leather or replenishing its original fatliquor is a process in which ionic-charged fat, oil and water is applied to the leather structure. Prior to fatliquor replenishing, the amphoteric protein fibers are conditioned or ionic recharged positively (+ve) below its pI (isoelectric point), so that the ionic negative (-ve) charged fatliquor will hydrogen-bond with the protein fiber more effectively. When the leather is dried thereafter, it will take on a mellow appearance. A well fatliquor replenished leather becomes less absorbent against foreign contamination. Moreover, it imparts suppleness and strength thus prevents premature ageing that often leads to cracking where the leather is frequently flexed. Leather rejuvenating is done with Hydrator-3.3 follows with Fatliquor-5.0

A rub-resistant protector, will reduced abrasion wear and helps to conceals scuffing, that is done with the help of Protector-D+.

This “Vachetta” Leather Problem Solving Guide will be a handy reference.

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn4/Rogerkoh/V.jpg
Leather-Safe Problem Solving Guide (V) – Unfinished Vegetable-Tanned Leathers

Products mentioned are found in this Kit V3.tn

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn4/Rogerkoh/V3BT.jpg
Leather DoctorŽ Kit V3.tn : Vachetta Leather Tannin Removal Kit

Roger Koh
[email protected]