Thread: 2010 Lexus LS 460l - Light Tan Leather Interior with the famous Blue Jean Stain!

Default 2010 Lexus LS 460l - Light Tan Leather Interior with the famous Blue Jean Stain!

You may first let me say it seems you are the man
    I have a 2010 Lexus LS 460l.
    I can send pictures with the light tan interior with the famous blue jean stain and thought I would check with you.
    I can send a picture of interior if you like.
    Thanks for the prompt response.
    Reginald

The close-up picture #3 shows the blue jean stain is rubbed onto the leather.

When leather is lack of surface lubrication it will most like be noisy with friction rubs.

Friction rubs wear down the topcoat before it reaches the colorcoat.

With less of rub-resistant and wearing of the topcoat, makes dye transfer more easily.

After successful removal of the stains, the topcoat is recommended to be renewed and a non-stick, rub-resistant protection that impart a buttery feel is a holistic approach to solve long term potential reoccurrence problem.

Recommended procedure steps for a holistic restoration process include:

1]
    Prep-7.7 as the first phase of the stain remover.
    Since we are dealing with perforated panel as well, it is recommended that using the Prep-7.7 is applied to the paper towel before placing onto the stain area.
    This technique prevents the Prep-7.7 from seeping into the perforated holes.
    Comparatively, the more absorbent paper towel will cause the dye to be reverse transfer from the leather surface.
    The towel soaked Prep-7.7 is to be left on the surface free of air spaces for up to 72 hours with a 24 hours in between inspection.
    Most likely, we will see some color pick up from the paper towel after 24 hours.

This above is the first phase of the stain removal and instruction will follow depending on the outcome of the result.

Kit Ap5.di is the recommended kit for a comprehensive perforated leather care.

Leather Doctor® Kit Ap5.di

Roger Koh
    [email protected]

Thread Information