Thread: Rolls Royce Phantom – black print from white garbage bag transferred onto the Moccasin color leather seats. What do you suggests?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Rolls Royce Phantom – black print from white garbage bag transferred onto the Moccasin color leather seats. What do you suggests?

I hope that your product will work. I saw the review of your product on the Rolls Royce Phantom with the brown belt stain. I put some white garbage bags on my Rolls Royce Phantom leather seats while I was conditioning them, but the black print on the bags transferred onto the seats. I tried to remove it with all the leather products I have, but no luck. What do you suggests? Where can I get your product? I am in Los Angeles, USA.

Sorry for calling you so late, I assumed that it was a business line with voicemail, but am very glad to have reached you. I have been very concerned ever since I discovered this screw up earlier tonight. I was conditioning my seats with Leatherique Rejunenator Oil, and had to drive my car, so I put down some plastic white kitchen bags, but did not realize that they had printing on them. I left the car parked in the garage for about a week, so no sun or heat exposure, but did not remove the bags. When I moved it today, I discovered that the printing had transferred onto the seat. I tried to remove the printing with both pristine clean from Leatherique, and Lexol PH leather cleaner, no significant effect, some may have come off and smudge a little bit. I also tried simple water too. I touched it very slightly in a small area with rubbing alcohol, no effect, and then I cleaned it off immediately after. I have left some leatherique oil on there to continue conditioning the affected area. I have attached the photos of the problem.

Please give me your suggestions and recommendations as soon as possible. As you realize this is causing me a great deal of anxiety.

Questions send by Ton

See pictures of black print stains. . .

#A1

#A2

#A3

#A4

#B1

#B2

#B3

#B4

#B5

Leatherique & Lexol
    Last edited by Questions!; 06-30-2012 at 06:31 PM.

Leather Identification:
    The leather is identified as “pigmented”.

Stains Identification:
    Stains from plastic prints transfer is most likely “pigment” too, (just like a permanent Sharpie marker that contains micro-pigment makes removal much more difficult than from a ballpoint ink dye) unlike the other Rolls Royce which was stain with leather “dye” from a belt.

Failed Attempts Waiver:
    Have to be aware that fail attempt may have altered the chemical characteristic of the stain, with possibility of setting it more permanent – so we are not removing the original stain per se.
    Rubbing Alcohol may remove some of the topcoat that now making the color finish more vulnerable to colorcoat removal.
    Unnecessary scrubbing with leather products may also contribute to the topcoat weakness.

Possible Outcome:
    We have to take into consideration of these fail attempt, and still move forward with extra tender loving care to solve this problem with these possible scenarios:
    1] Successful removal of stains.
    2] Topcoat damages if any to be further rectified.
    3] Colorcoat damages if any to be further rectified.

Stain Removal Procedure:
    1] Plan A is to use Prep-7.7 to penetrate, lubricate and suspense the print stain – a slow dwelling process up to 72hrs to conclude its effectiveness. Sticky residue is removed with Cleaner-3.8 follows with Rinse-3.0 to a squeaky feel.
    2] Plan B is to use Bleach-9.9 as a bleaching booster into the Prep-7.7 to further work on any traces of dyes (if any) after above 72hrs – After successful bleaching, it has to be immediately neutralized with Acidifier-2.0, sticky residue removed by Cleaner-3.8 follows with Rinse-3.0.

Products mentioned is found in this Kit Ap5.di

Leather Doctorฎ - Auto Pigmented Leather – Topcoat Refinisher - Dye and Ink Stain Remover - Kit Ap5.di

Step 1, Specific Instructions:
    1] Test out Prep-7.7 onto the black print stain circled in red (picture as above).
    2] Cut out a round rag (from the kit) to cover the two letters and apply the Prep-7.7 to saturate it (take picture to see if done right).
    4] Allow 4 hours inspection, (take picture) to see if the print transfer to the rag.
    5] Replace the rag, Repeat 2] and let it dwell overnight (take picture).
    6] This dwelling process with a rag for the transfer is repeated at interval up to 72hrs until the prints are fully exhausted.
    7] Lets see the progress of this testing in pictures (must see) first before the next step.

Roger Koh
    [email protected]
    Last edited by Roger Koh; 06-28-2012 at 09:16 AM.

Roger,
    Just got the package, I will do the test spot as soon as I get home. You want me to check it every 4 hours? It is safe to leave it overnight?

The whole idea is just to do it “just right” – neither under doing it nor over doing it.

Give me a picture after 4 hours – I will be able to tell you more precisely to leave it overnight or not.

It depends on the response on the first 4 hrs.

Roger

Roger,

Prep 7.7 applied @ 1:45 p.m. Friday, June 29, 2012.

Ton

Here is progress at 6:30 pm. Please advise what to do next.

The second 4 hours.

This is result after overnight, approx 9 hrs of dwell. A bit more fading and transfer to cloth. But still is visible. I will replace 7.7 for another 4 hours and see.

Thread Information