Thread: Verdigris on sueded

Default Verdigris on suede

Interior of purse has a brass zipper that is covered in verdigris. The zipper has touched the opposite side of the purse's suede interior and there is verdigris transfer on the suede. What is the best way to remove this green gunk on the suede?
    Last edited by farefinta; 05-02-2012 at 07:30 PM.

Please show us some pictures...before I give my holistic recommendation; basically the right product to use is d'Tarnish-1.3.

Roger Koh
    [email protected]

The opening of the purse is too small and I can't get the verdigris to photograph. I decided to scarp the purse, not worth a lot of effort.

Default Another verdigris problem

I've acquired another bag that has verdgris issues. I removed the hardware that I was able to and all were covered with the green gunk, the leather was thick with it. I scraped off all the gunk I could on the leather with a dental tool but on the suede like interior of the purse it is difficult to get it all off, it seems to just spread. It is in the holes where the hardware inserts, and in inside the strap loops. It has already pitted the leather on the front flap closure. Is there anything I can use to kill this stuff? I've scrubbed all the hardware and I'm going to coat it with lacquer. I've already cleaned and rinsed the bag.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Thread Information