Thread: Don't know what this is?

Default Don't know what this is?

The first three photos are a black Coach glove tanned leather bag with something white on the flap, no clue as to what it is. I have cleaned with Cleaner 3.8 and rinsed with 3.0 and it stays the same. What would you advise? The last photo is a pebble leather bag I used Prep 4.4 on and the color has changed where I used the Prep. Is there any way to get the color back? Thanks for your help.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Picture # 1, 2 & 3

First test the strength of the leather finish.

Drop Prep-4.4 on hidden area let it dwell for 30 minutes and clean off with Cleaner-3.8 follows with Rinse-3.0.

When the result is satisfactorily proceed with the same technique onto the white stain area.

Picture #4

As for this bag, would like to see the overall picture of the entire bag, before I commend…

Roger Koh
    [email protected]

Thanks Roger!
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by farefinta View Post
    The last photo is a pebble leather bag I used Prep 4.4 on and the color has changed where I used the Prep. Is there any way to get the color back?

First we have to determine if the Prep-4.4 is the cause of the discoloration.

So we have to do a test on another hidden area and go through what you have done before.

Show us pictures and we can go from there.

The picture also shows some similarity to the bucket strip where the color is non consistant - that may be cause by friction rubs.

To restore the color is possible, we just need to know which color types matches this leather types; and we have three choices for the match;

1] Aniline Dye-21 system

2] Micro Pigment-54 system

3] Nappalan Pigment-84 system

Roger Koh
    [email protected]

Thanks Roger, it isn't worth spending that much time on, just thought there may be a quick way to bring it back.

When color is gone due to whatever reason; it's gone!

If you do not have the time, you can consider mailing to us for a complete professional refinishing service.

Email me if you wish to. . .

Roger Koh
    [email protected]

Thread Information