Thread: Louis Vuitton - How do I lighten up this very dark Louis Vuitton vachetta leather trim?

Default Louis Vuitton - How do I lighten up this very dark Louis Vuitton vachetta leather trim?

Wow, quick response. Attached is a photo of one of the bags. The vachetta leather is very dark but not cracked. It seems to be in good shape other than the very dark color. I would love to clean and lighten the color up. I used some of the Loving My Bags products on it but it is very time consuming without the dramatic results. This picture is before any cleaning. I would love to find something more effective and efficient. Which of your kits would you recommend?

Name:  LV Bag.png
Views: 9019
Size:  324.1 KB

Very Dark:
    The very dark color is where the leather absorbs the body oil and grease. Besides the oil and grease, it soaks up our perspiration too; which may contains traces of protein and urea. Grease and oil darkens leather, compounded with perspiration that when fermented by the natural bacteria from the atmosphere, shift alkaline that also contribute the darkening effects too. It’s the bacteria activities that work on the traces of uric acid that gives off the smell if any.

Cleaning:
    Oil and grease are degreased using Degreaser-2.2. This is a 2-in-1 process besides removing the penetrated grease, the low pH of 2.2 is also design to neutralize the pH shifting alkaline back to acid. One characteristic of alkaline, browns; and the reverse characteristic of acid lighten the color. This low pH of 2.2 helps to bring the pH of the protein fibers backs to its original chemistry integrity.

Lighten the Color Up:
    Besides lightening up the color through degreasing and reducing the sun tanning effect just like our skin with d’Tanning-3.5; the hidden away from body contact and sun tanning pale biscuit color need to be season up as well with fatliquor.

The recommended sequence of processes is as follows:

1] Degreasing penetrated oil, grease and sweat with Degreaser-2.2 > Rinse-3.0

2] Optional ammonic odor is to neutralized with d’Urine-2.1

3] Optional decay odor is to be sterilized with d’Bacteria-3.7

4] Reducing sun tanning effect with d’Tannin-3.5

5] Leather rejuvenating with Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0

6] Non-stick, rub-resistant, draggy-feel, leather-scented protection with Protection-D+

Kit V3.tn is the recommended kit with optional d’Urine-2.1 and d’Bacteria-3.7 as add-ons.

Leather Doctor® Kit V3.tn : Vachetta Leather Tannin Removal Kit

See more description and instruction details in this link:
    http://www.leathercleaningrestoratio...in-Removal-Kit

Roger Koh
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Questions! View Post
    Wow, quick response. Attached is a photo of one of the bags. The vachetta leather is very dark but not cracked. It seems to be in good shape other than the very dark color. I would love to clean and lighten the color up. I used some of the Loving My Bags products on it but it is very time consuming without the dramatic results. This picture is before any cleaning. I would love to find something more effective and efficient. Which of your kits would you recommend?

Name:  LV Bag.png
Views: 9019
Size:  324.1 KB
    Hi. I have a purse in this same condition. Did you use the recommended kit? If so, do you have any photos of the handles after cleaning with the kit?
    Thanks so much!

See this leather edging trim before. . .
    Name:  093.JPG
Views: 8021
Size:  3.67 MB

During. . .
    Name:  095.JPG
Views: 8728
Size:  3.22 MB

After. . .
    Name:  152.JPG
Views: 8886
Size:  3.73 MB

Thread Information