Thread: Pigmented - what is the difference of micro pigment and pigment color

Default Pigmented - what is the difference of micro pigment and pigment color

I am looking to see the difference between the the micro pigment you carry and the pigment color. i am looking to find the best product for touching up new furniture and repairing service warranty leather. i currently use Mohawk leather pigment but in the market to find other fits.
    Ricky

They may look exactly the same with no differences in prices but difference in finesse.

Micro pigment is recommended to be used for “semi-aniline” or “micro-pigmented” leathers. These leathers types are aniline dye through and easily recognizable with its reverse suede side color closed to the front. While the pigmented chrome-tanned leather suede side is often the grayish/blue no matter what the front color is.

In leather, finesse is more expensive comparing the semi-aniline versus the pigmented. Thus we developed this micro-pigment which has proven its worth as you can find being used in the forum more often than pigment in high-end home furnishing.

Note:
    It is important to have either pigment or micro-pigment to be “sand-able” with 1200/1500grit sandpaper during repairs especially in between coating to blend in and disappear.

The training kits with hands-on in-house training would be a good way to start - http://www.leathercleaningrestoratio...ead.php?t=7271

Roger Koh
    [email protected]

Thread Information