Thread: lighten up and re new vachetta of LV bags

Default lighten up and re new vachetta of LV bags

Hi Roger,
    Please guide me how to renew/lighten up this:

Rgds,
    M.

Degreasing Process:
    1. Use Degreaser-2.2 to penetrate the grease area with horsehair Brush-1 and lightly scrub with Eraser-4 and leave for 10 to 30 minutes for further chemical reaction.
    2. Rinse with Rinse-3.0 until towel shows clean
    3. This ends the degreasing process - leave for natural dry with further inspection – take pictures for showing the result.

Tarnish Stain Removal Process:
    1. Use d’Tarnish-1.3 to treat the metal contact areas with cotton swab and leave it to natural dry.
    2. Inspect when dry – take pictures to show.

Browning Treatment Process:
    1. Use d’Tannin-3.5 mist spray and agitate with horsehair Brush-1 entire area and wipe until towel shows clean.
    2. Leave for natural drying – take pictures to show.

Hydrating Process:
    1. Spray or brush Hydrator-3.3 until the leather is fully hydrated – wrapped with plastic cling wrapper and let it dwell for at least 8 hours or longer. In the meantime the moisture level has to be checked that it is sufficiently hydrated with some moisture between the leather and the plastic and when pressed moisture is oozing out of the leather.
    2. When the leather is equally soft and of even appearance, the plastic is removed and replace with fine tissue paper wrapped tight and wet it with Hydrator-3.3 as an extension of the leather. This is left for natural drying for foreign contamination to be wicked up. Note that it is recommended to have the facing of the leather to face down for stains to go through the reverse side instead.
    3. When completely dry removed the tissue – erase with Eraser-4 - visual inspection with picture taken.

At this point of process, the leather may go with further of the above treatment prior to fatliquoring.

Fatliquoring:
    We like to see some pictures before going into fatliquoring…

Roger Koh
    [email protected]

Hi Roger,

Picture update:

The Tarnish work very good.

Browning treatment seems not strong enough.

the brighter part of the belt is in good condition, but the brown part makes me crazy.

Another problem:
    Please guide me how to clean the inside (suede/nubuck material ) of this LV bags, the dirt is from a cosmetic eye's color powder.

Because this is the first time I use your products, please guide me more detail about how long to apply each product, eg:
    prep 4.4 (10min) -> cleaner 3.8 -> rinse 3.0 immediately after cleaner or let the cleaner dwell for few minutes?
    similar to other products too.
    Thank you for your invalueable time.

Browning treatment seems not strong enough.
    picture #2, #3 & #4.

Browning treatment is for removing excess browning due to sunlight tanning or rings from other liquid stain.

The darkening part is foreign contamination from sweat, body grease and oil that has penetrated into the leather. Some oils rub off from hands may turn brownish when exposed to sunlight too.

The degreasing need to be more intense or thorough – If the leather is crispy dry use leather Eraser-4 to remove wick up soiling particulates that is still lodged in the leather pores. Thereafter soak and agitate in Degreaser-2.2 with immediate plastic wrapping and let it dwell overnight. Towel extract until it shows clean - then soak in Rinse-3.0 to further brings out the suspended stains.

While the leather is still damp use Hydrator-3.3 to soak it up again and plastic wrapped overnight again. Remove plastic and towel extract until towel shows clean. Reapply hydrator and tight wrapped with smooth tissue paper – wet it to become an extension of the leather surface and leave to dry with front side facing downwards.

Note:
    During hydrator dwelling time period, it is recommended that the leather front is facing downwards. This facing down technique is to allow the stains to move through the back side instead.
    When completely dry the soiling particulates are removed with help of Eraser-4.
    Stretching will also lightens up the leather appearance using a smooth tool to work from the reverse side.

Show pictures of the side view, please?

Another problem:
    Please guide me how to clean the inside (suede/nubuck material ) of this LV bags, the dirt is from a cosmetic eye's color powder.
    picture #5

Stain removal of this type depends on the working power of Prep-7.7 – Dwelling time can be up to 72hrs to completely remove it. Note that suspended stain is quickly reabsorbed by the fabric. Remove sticky residue with Cleaner-3.8 with immediate "vacuum" extract with Rinse-3.0 is more efficient to remove already suspended soiling than using towel.

Roger Koh
    [email protected]
    Last edited by Roger Koh; 09-19-2011 at 11:15 AM.

I have successful clean 90% inside the bag.
    Regarding to lighten up vachetta trim, although I have tried all your solutions but it is still dark (some color area faded to brown, less yellow).
    Is it possible to redye this real leather?
    Please guide me how to redye (or repaint?)
    - Vachetta
    - Semi Aniline/ Aniline/ top coated leather
    - Nubuck leather
    with your products.
    Many thanks.

Like to see the result of the bag lining, how it could be further improved.

Need to see the cleaning result of the leather before recommending any coloring to the vachetta leather.

Thread Information