Thread: Warranty: Do you offer Guarantee on Leather Re-Coloring?

Default Warranty: Do you offer Guarantee on Leather Re-Coloring?

What sort of guarantee do you offer for a leather repair or re-collect a customer who wants a written 12 month guarantee off me for a re-colour

Offered her 3 months but she is insisting on 12 month think I will just walk as her suite is only 14 months old and in a bit of a state.She says she has only used the leather kit supplied with suite which I find hard to believe as the amount of colour that has been removed beggars belief

We offer a 1 year guarantee on all leather repair and re-dyes.

A one year guarantee is a reasonable request from a customer.

I sometimes give a three year guarantee.

The customer will perceive the guarantee as value for money!

And the guarantee is also to show our confidence of our job.

The question is what is the guarantee?

Roger Koh
    Leather Doctor® System

Default Guarantee

We offer a one year WARANTY on our service work, just like most manufacturers of leather furniture. There is a legal distinction between guarantee and waranty. One implies full money back, while the other implies we'll repair it again IF ITS A FAULT OF OUR MATERIAL OR WORKMENSHIP.

You can't control how a client chooses to abuse the furniture. A full on guarantee is a big mistake. Here's how our written waranty reads:

One (1) year materials and One (1) year labor

This warranty by ADVLeather.com shall be in effect for a period of one (1) year on materials and one (1) year on labor from the date of leather restoration, repair, upholstery, or cleaning work completed and may be enforced only by the original owner. This warranty covers all defects in materials and workmanship for, and only for, the specific work performed by an ADVLeather.com technician. It does not cover damage caused by accident, acts of nature, sun fading, animal damage, accumulated body oil, damage caused by moving, misuse, abuse, neglect, improper care, or any other cause not due to the fault of ADVleather.com.

ADVLeather.com will, repair all areas of the leather where the workmanship or materials were defective. We will repair only these areas, and no other areas under this warranty.

ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE LENGTH OF THIS WARRANTY. ADVLeather.com liability is limited to repairing the defect in material or workmanship. ADVLeather.com shall not be liable for any damages, whether incidental, consequential or otherwise because of any defect in workmanship or materials used.

I hope this info is helpful.

It seems that if we are able to “warranty” it as ADVLeather words it rather than to guarantee it.

And specifically only the “color durability” for one year than we can make the customer happy without walking away empty handled.

In order do deliver this “specific warranty” we should “crosslinked” the top coat for extra strength.

crossLinker25™is used to improve the physicals of the finish especially in terms of resistance to water, solvent, scuff etc.

They are added in very small quantities (1-3%) mainly in topcoat but they can also be used in colorcoat.”

The answer to this “warranty” is almost there.

However, posting a picture of this “abnormal wearing off of the color coat” will be good for more specific recommendations.

Is the color wearing-off the “primary color or the secondary color”?

Roger Koh
    Leather Doctor® System

I offer a 90 day Warranty in writing, but if I feel it is a coating issue or something else not customer caused, I will extend this up to one year on a case by case situation.
    Jon Firari

Like ADVLeather we offer a 1 year warranty on materials and workmanship, those are the things that we can control. Our policy is quite similar to theirs (we got it off a legal site). Most people down here are quite happy with a redye (recolor) just having the idea of a warranty since it implies you will stand behind your work. We will also go and have a look but if it is not something under our control then we charge for the trip.

Thread Information