Thread: Please Help with Nubuck/Anniline Leather Couch

Red face Please Help with Nubuck/Anniline Leather Couch

Please help me to first to determine if my sofa is nubuck or aniline. Secondly, help me to purchase the proper cleaning, conditioning, and protecting products. I have children and have abused the sofa set for years (Ie- spit up, milk, H2O, etc). It was purchased at a high end furniture shop in Central Florida. I researched a handful of sights and am still a bit perplexed about the minute difference between nubuck and aniline. The un-abused areas of the couch feel "buttery" to the touch and I am inserting a few pictures showing the color slightly changes when I "brush" the couch with my hand in one direction then the other. Thank you for your help and I apologize if I am posting in the wrong area.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Please help me to first to determine if my sofa is nubuck or aniline.
    Nubuck is aniline leathers, that have its smooth grains buff off to produce a “finger writing effect”; easily detected on an unused area or when crushed nap is re-surfaced with leather Eraser-4.

The un-abused areas of the couch showing the color slightly changes when I "brush" the couch with my hand in one direction then the other.
    Nubuck produces a luster as what you described.

Secondly, help me to purchase the proper cleaning, conditioning, and protecting products.
    This is the recommended Nubuck Care Kit-N3

Leather Doctor® Nubuck Leather Care Kit-N3

Contents:
    Prep-4.4 - 60ml
    Degreaser-2.2 - 60ml
    Cleaner-3.8 - 250ml
    Rinse-3.0 - 250ml
    Hydrator-3.3 - 250ml
    Fatliquor-5.0 - 250ml
    Leather Scent-S - 120ml
    Leather Eraser-4 - 1pc
    Nubuck Eraser-5 - 1pc
    Nubuck (nylon) Brush-2 - 1pc
    3” Poly-Brush® - 1pc
    Washable Rags - 6pcs

Email [email protected] for prices.

I have children and have abused the sofa set for years (Ie- spit up, milk, H2O, etc).
    Refer to this Problem Solving Guide, you will see that milk stain require specialty products like d’Protein-11.0 and Acidifier-2.0.

Roger Koh
    [email protected]

Roger, Thank you for your help. I am assuming that some basic instructions will come with the cleaning products? I consider myself very handy and am a stickler for perfection so im excited to begin this project. Thanks again for your timely reply to my post. Any other information you think I may need is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!!

There are bottle label instruction; further product description and general instruction can be found in this link: http://www.leathercleaningrestoratio...read.php?t=360

However, instruction from forum will be more specific when comes to problem solving.

Try to recall the stain types and identify them for specialty cleaning according to the Problem Solving Guide-N9.

Protein stains will typical result in a stiffer feel as the protein coagulates, that is about one of the toughest stain to removed.

Overall, Nubuck is easier to clean than Aniline leathers, as there are no finishes to worry about.

However material used will be many times more as these are highly absorbent leathers.

As most of the stains are penetrated, cleaning is from within the leather structure instead of from the surface.

Remember to take pictures all the way, if you need help along the way.

The guide numbers denotes the sequence of process, the detail technique can further be discussed when you are ready to proceed.

Roger Koh
    [email protected]
    Tomorrow’s leather care Technology delivered Today!

Thread Information