Greetings.

I recently bought a used Churchill chair from Restoration Hardware that has an aniline leather. The arms look like they needed a little attention where the hands rest because they had darkened. I used a VERY lightly damn towel to wipe these areas. When I did, the color got a little better - but the shine is now gone. I've since tried to use Leather CPR on the spots, but still... the shine is gone.

I know I probably should have come here first because there is a lot of misinformation out there. Restoration hardware is who told me to use Leather CPR and another website mentioned damp rag.

Right now, I'm at the point that I really just want to restore the sheen/shine to the finish. To me the finish looks a little waxy and I've read some stuff about using some different beeswax products to fix this... but I didn't want to jump the gun like I did before. I'm accepting the fact that the chair is going to get a natural patina that I need not worry about and now wish I had simply done nothing to maintain, clean, or condition.

Please help. Any advise would be great! Thank you in advance!