Hello,

I joined this website to learn more about leather cleaning and restoration so that I can keep my car's leather seats in good condition.

I have a 2008 M3 coupe with the black novillo leather. The car has 25k miles and there are a couple of issues with the leather that I would like to possibly address and correct.

1) With use, the leather covered steering wheel has become shiny. I would like to restore it to its original matte condition. The same is true of the bolster on the driver's seat. I would like to restore the bolster to its original matte finish.

2) On the driver's seat bolster, a couple of white spots are emerging which I believe are wear scratches from pants constantly rubbing on them while getting in and out of the car. Though these are small and barely noticeable to others, I would like to restore them to the orginal condition. I would anticipate that this would take some type of dye or re-colour. I will update the post with some pictures in a couple of weeks.

3) Finally, the driver's seat is starting to develop wrinkles which I've read to be the leather basically drying over time. I would like to correct this as well.

As far as products are considered, I've been using the BMW leather conditioner kit which is basically a rub in conditioner. I believe I will need more specialized products to address my issues.

I will update the thread with some pictures and hope to document the restoration process within the thread s well.