Thread: Leather Cleaning & Restoration Courses

Default Leather Cleaning & Restoration Courses

Hi im new to this forum. I live in Dundee, Scotland. I all ready own a cleaning company and wish to learn how to clean and restore leather professionally. Anybody know of any courses that cater for this? Also which company supply the best cleaning products. Ive tried a few before but there all rubbish. Ive only found Chemspecs cleaner and conditioner of any use. ty

Currently there are three leather instructors visit here (Harry Hides, Pamela & Steve G Poulos) that provide training on leathers; hopefully they can provide you with more information on their courses.

I consider Leather Master to be the Benchmark of the leather cleaning and restoration industry and recommend you try it out; all other products should then be measured against it, including Chemspec and Leather Doctor®.

To be a leather problem solver I would pay special attention in these areas when we encounter a job prospect.
    1] Identification of Leather Types.
    2] Identification of Problems.
    3] Proposed Theoretical Problem Solving Sequence of Process.
    4] Practical Product Solutions to the Problems.

You could post pictures of leather problems and we will share our experience with you.

Roger Koh
    [email protected]
    Last edited by Roger Koh; 09-13-2010 at 10:59 AM.

Thread Information