Thread: Looking for advice so I don't make a small blemish worse

Default Looking for advice so I don't make a small blemish worse

I created a blemish on our leather couch when trying to remove a pen mark. The couch is an Oma Sofa from EQ3 with Paloma top grain aniline leather. What can I do to restore the color and get rid of the dark ring around the blemish?

Name:  IMG_3590.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  83.4 KB
    Name:  IMG_3589.jpg
Size:  68.4 KB

>>> I created a blemish on our leather couch when trying to remove a pen mark.

May we know what pen caused this mark?

What product was used and how was it removed that created this blemish?

>>> What can I do to restore the color and get rid of the dark ring around the blemish?

Restoring the color with dye or color is the last consideration since we are restoring an aniline dyed leather, a perfect match using aniline dye is almost impossible, unless it is a very dark color.

Using aniine dyes to restore the color is just like using watercolor, 'what you see is not what you get' cause the color intensity works by layers.

Using a pigment leather paint is like repairing a water color painting with an enamel color paint, the medium does not match.

Instead, we are 'pulling' the color out of the leather itself, this method will never have a mismatch color restoration, perhaps not as close in terms of intensity, but close to the original will depend on the successful treatment to stabilize the chemically damaged leather.

Topcoating is the final process to magnify the color intensity of the blemish and even out the overall appearance.

In most cases, a new pair of eyes will not be able to detect the blemish, with my recommendation using this Aniline Leather Gloss Topcoat Refinishing Kit A6.tc

Name:  Kit_A6.tc__86865.jpg
Size:  112.5 KB
    https://leatherdoctor.com/aniline-le...ing-kit-a6-tc/

We can discuss this further if you find my recommendation reasonable or any questions you may have after reading the description and instructions from Kit A6.tc

Name:  rogerIcon.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  4.8 KB
    Roger Koh
    Leather Care System Formulator
    Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor / Coach
    web: www.leatherdoctor.com
    forum: www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com
    email: [email protected],
    email: [email protected]
    phone: 604 773 1878

Thread Information