Thread: Wildebeest Hair-on Hide Rug Curling.

Default Wildebeest Hair-on Hide Rug Curling.

Hi Roger,

attached are the photos of my wildebeest rug corners that are curled up,

this rug is very new,

but since arriving a few months ago has begun to curl in a couple of areas.

I received my kit from you and would like to know how to best proceed.

A. Ken.

Name:  wildebeest-Andy1.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  213.7 KB

Name:  Wildebest Andy2.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  130.0 KB

Name:  Wildebeest Andy3.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  172.4 KB

Name:  Hair-on-Hide Zebra and Cow Rejuvenating and Care Kit H4 Plus.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  98.7 KB

Hair-on-Hide Zebra and Cow Rejuvenating and Care Kit H4 Plus
    https://leatherdoctor.com/hair-on-hi...e-kit-h4-plus/
    Last edited by Question; 12-30-2023 at 12:47 PM.

The kit you have Hair-on-Hide Zebra and Cow Rejuvenating and Care Kit H4 Plus is for both the hair side and the hide side. Since the issue is from the hide side we can begin from there, until it lays down flat before we continue to discuss the care of the hair side.

The description and instructions can be found in the Product Overview.
    https://leatherdoctor.com/hair-on-hi...e-kit-h4-plus/
    For simplicity, I will just introduce the procedural sequence of steps for the Hide side.

Here are the 4 Steps to Cleaning and Fatliquoring the Hide Side and Products used Clean 3.8, Rinse 3.0, Hydrator 3.3, and Fatliquor 5.0. Tools used are Hide Brush 4, Eraser 5, Towel, Vacuum Cleaner, Plastic Sheet,

1st Step - Dry Soil Removal:

1* Vacuum off any foreign soil with the help of the Hide Brush 4.

2* Exfoliate to renew the fresh nap with the help of Eraser 5, followed by a vacuum cleaner.

2nd Step - Wet Soil Removal:

1* Apply Clean 3.8 and agitate with Hide Brush 4 and Eraser-5, then towel extract until it appears clean.

2* Spray Rinse 3.0 and towel extract until it is completely clean and squeaky.

3rd Step - Hydrating:

1* Hydrator 3.3 is sprayed with foam brush control to hydrate the entire thickness of the hide or skin. Extract with a dry absorbent white terry towel to inspect for an even appearance without blotchiness, and it is ready for immediate fatliquoring.

2* Severe dryness or stiffness will require a longer dwell time of up to 72 hours with evaporation control, covering with a clear plastic sheet. When the hide or skin is plump, limp, and laying flat, extract until the towel shows dry or about 25% reading from a moisture meter and immediately proceed to fatliquoring.

4th Step - Fatliquoring:

1* Fatliquor 5.0 is applied with foam brush control for an even appearance.

2* Repeat application between drying time as the water contents evaporate until it is saturated.

3* The fully saturated hide or skin is left for slow natural drying for extra softness.

4* Use Eraser 4 to remove wick-up soiling residue and inspect for visual satisfaction.

Any questions to clarify are very welcome and looking forward to your experience.

Pease show pictures of your work-in-progress for potential trouble shooting.

Name:  rogerIcon.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  4.8 KB
    Roger Koh
    Leather Care System Formulator
    Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor / Coach
    web: www.leatherdoctor.com
    forum: www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com
    email: [email protected],
    email: [email protected]
    phone: 604 773 1878

Hi Roger,

Please see the attached photos for the results that I achieved by using your products on two different animal hide rugs.

The zebra rug and the wildebeest rug are both brand new, but due to the climate that I live in, are drying out very fast, the zebra rug had some curling on the leg, which I had shown you in previous photos, and the wildebeest rug had curling in the neck area, that was very tough, and would not come out, no matter how much weight we put on it with books for a prolonged period.

After treating the rugs with both the hydrator and fat liquor, I was completely blown away by how effective the treatment has been in flattening and relaxing the fur and helping it, maintain its shape.

The curling is gone.

Both of the rugs are now lying flat and in spectacular display condition, I would highly recommend this product to anyone who has a hide or rug collection, or even a single animal skin rug to maintain for a very long time.

Name:  Screenshot 2024-01-22 at 7.09.28 PM.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  282.7 KB

Name:  Screenshot 2024-01-22 at 7.01.57 PM.jpg
Size:  300.4 KB

Name:  Screenshot 2024-01-22 at 7.01.09 PM.jpg
Size:  387.7 KB
    #

the zebra rug had some curling on the leg,

Name:  Screenshot 2024-02-03 at 12.54.47 PM.jpg