Thread: Louis Vuitton dryness and split in piping

Default Louis Vuitton dryness and split in piping

This is the bag we discussed earlier and I took pics of the leather being dry and rough from using sand paper on it....from previous advice I had received. The sanding thinned the leather leading to a split in the piping. I would like to know which products or kits I should use to repair the split as well as getting an even texture and color to all the leather as well as moisture to the dry areas like the handles. Thank you for your help.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

>>> the leather being dry . . . as well as moisture to the dry areas like the handles.

When we discuss leather dryness, we must note that we are talking about the original remaining fatliquor fat and oil content. And the water content that encased these molecular ionic negative (-ve) charged fat and oil has long evaporated and does not count in terms of dryness. Thus the average 15% of fat and oil continues a slow evaporation and diminishes that is the reason for leather dryness. It is replenished with Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0 > Hydrator-3.3 system to rejuvenate it. Note: Test on a complete small area of color intensity satisfaction.

>>> and rough from using sand paper on it....from previous advice I had received.

1- Light roughness may be concealed lightly with Protector-D to a degree.
    2- Where fibers start to show, to smooth it may require Adhesor-73 and the downside or cons is appearance differences in color intensity.
    A test for color intensity on a piece of scrap or hidden areas is recommended for satisfaction.

>>> The sanding thinned the leather leading to a split in the piping.

Donor fibers from scrap may be required to work with Bond-3D > Bond-7A to rebuild fiber loss and repairing “split in the piping. Again a test on a piece of scrap is recommended to satisfy repair integrity and color intensity differences. Color touch-up system may be an option to explore for further discussion.

>>> as well as getting an even texture

Texture of Vachetta starts with “fine” and as it wears from friction rubs and sanding, it will never return to the original “fineness”. Protector-D is formulated to conceal wears and reduces friction rubs to a limited capabilities.

>>> and color to all the leather.

Soiling, pH- value and UV exposure affects this naked, unfinished leather.

A- Soiling:
    General soiling is removed with VachettaPro-1.2 > Acidifier-2.0 system
    Body oil, grease and sweat issue is degreased with Degreaser-2.2 > Acidifier-2.0 system
    All other known soiling is removed according, example blue jeans dyes stains is removed with CleanDye-7.9 > Acidifier-2.0.

B- pH-value related stains:
    Vachetta is pH sensitive, thus any liquid pH value higher then 7 like water, tears and saliva will show as rings or marks. A low pH value cleaning and pH-balancing system will even out most pH value related color differences.

C- UV Exposure:
    Light our light colored skin, it gets tan when exposed to UV lights. A chemical redox (reduction-oxidation) reaction is necessary to lighten or reverse the tanning appearances with Vachetta-2.8

>>> I would like to know which products or kits I should use to repair the split

A starter Kit-V3
    http://www.leatherdoctor.com/kit-v3-...g-removal-kit/
    is recommend, and all mentioned products is added accordingly to achieve the desired result.

Name:  RogerKoh-email.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  22.7 KB
    Roger Koh
    Leather, Skin & Hair Care System Formulator
    Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor / Online-Life-Coaching
    online store: www.leatherdoctor.com
    forum: www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com
    email: roger@leatherdoctor.com

Thread Information