Thread: Post Hydration Darkened Vachetta

Default Post Hydration Darkened Vachetta

Hi Roger,

I bought the V3 Kit to repair my dry vachetta and need your advice on what to do next. I used the following system on the purse handles: VachettaPro-Acidifier-Hydrator-Fat Liquor-Hydrator. Since the handles were super dry, hydrator-fat liquor-hydrator process was repeated several times until the leather was full. I was able to hydrate the leather but it has darkened significantly; I'm attaching pictures of the treated vs. original handles for comparison. I tried bleaching the tips of the handles with Vachetta 2.8 and aggravating it with a brush several times but I cannot get it to its original color. It seems the leather just rolls off and I'm afraid to continue as it looks like the brush is sanding the leather. The kit I got was the one I had to mix, not the RTU. All bottles were filled according to instructions. My questions is-what can I do at this point to lighten the hydrated leather? Should I order another vachetta 2.8 and not mix it with water for stronger effect?

Thank you
    Attached Images Attached Images   

>>> I tried bleaching the tips of the handles with Vachetta 2.8 and aggravating it with a brush several times but I cannot get it to its original color. It seems the leather just rolls off and I'm afraid to continue as it looks like the brush is sanding the leather. My questions is-what can I do at this point to lighten the hydrated leather?

How many drying time has this leather gone through?
    Vachetta-2.8 will take time during the slow drying process to redox (reduction-oxidation) or reduce the color appearance.
    And you may apply it with several drying process to evaluate the progress.
    See some pictures then . . .

>>> Should I order another vachetta 2.8 and not mix it with water for stronger effect?

All “Fill” version has to be mix or cut with distilled water prior to use. The lightening effect rely on each of the slow drying process for chemical reaction to take place.

Name:  RogerKoh-email.jpg
Views: 506
Size:  22.7 KB
    Roger Koh
    Leather, Skin & Hair Care System Formulator
    Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor / Online-Life-Coaching
    online store: www.leatherdoctor.com
    forum: www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com
    email: [email protected]

Roger,

It has been over a month since the last drying. How do you recommend applying the 2.8 solution? I applied it several times with a brush but since that method is damping and sanding the leather, I don’t want to make it thinner. Should I keep reapplying with a sponge several times before completely letting it dry? At this point, I just want to make it lighter, but don’t know how.

Regards,

>>> Should I keep reapplying with a sponge several times before completely letting it dry?

Vachetta-2.8 works by chemical reaction and it is the slow drying process that lighten the appearance, not relying the initial physical action of application. Physical action is to ensure that the leather has an even appearance before letting it dry to avoid uneven appearance when dry.

Thread Information