Thread: Water damage on Leather seat

Default Water damage on Leather seat

Hi, I left my one side of car window open overnight. Due to rain the the seat got wet and the one side ( curve side) of the seat got hardened almost like a cardboard . Can the seat be restored to the former glory ? Any step by step instructions to repair this will be really appreciated. Please see attached picture. Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images   

>>> Can the seat be restored to the former glory?

To restore (replenished the original fat and oil in the leather structure) Hydrator-3.3 need to follow where the water has gone through to relax or separate the stick together fiber (the cross section of the leather structure). This is easily done on the perforated section where the Hydrator-3.3 seeps through and moves side wards as compare to the curve side. The only route Hydrator-3.3 can go through the thickness of this panel is through the lower stitching rolls. The shriveled finishes coating has lost its adhesion to the leather crust thus easily separate when physical agitation is asserted during the stretch back using a smooth tool like a small sauce plate of spoon. To reduce delaminating the finishes a smooth fabric is place between the plate and the finishes during the deep stretch back. Only when the stiff leather is relaxed and stretched back that Fatliquor-5.0 is introduced to move through the leather fibrous structure. A low pH value cleaning, pH-balancing and rinsing helps to charge the leather protein fiber ionic positive (+ve) for an effective hydrogen bonding with the ionic negative (-ve) Fatliquor-5.0.

>>> Any step by step instructions to repair this will be really appreciated.

See instructions and tips to first restore leather stiffness prior to refinishing from this Leather Doctor Kit-At5.ws
    http://www.leatherdoctor.com/kit-at5...storation-kit/

Further questions are welcome.

Name:  RogerKoh-email.jpg
Views: 435
Size:  22.7 KB
    Roger Koh
    Leather, Skin & Hair Care System Formulator
    Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor / Online-Life-Coaching
    online store: www.leatherdoctor.com
    forum: www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com
    email: [email protected]

>>> the seat got hardened almost like a cardboard .

When you put pressure or seating on it, most probably it will crack.
    And if you need to seat on it for the time being, put a thick towel or sponge cushion to reduce the chances of cracking it.

Hi Roger, thanks for the reply. I live in Australia. When I tried to buy kit-at5 it says 2-3 months delivery time to Australia . Is there any way for a faster delivery to Australia ? Also could you please tell me what is Shipping weight option - RTU 1.9 kg and Fill 0.6 kg and the Scent Options- Scentless Protector and Leather Scented Protector
    Last edited by [email protected]; 02-27-2019 at 12:47 AM.

>>> When I tried to buy kit-at5 it says 2-3 months delivery time to Australia . Is there any way for a faster delivery to Australia ?

I believe there would be a better choice of shipping option opens up when you opt for the “Fill 0.6kg version - see options:
    Name:  Screen Shot 2019-02-27 at 10.26.39 AM.png
Views: 530
Size:  89.9 KB

>>> Also could you please tell me what is Shipping weight option - RTU 1.9 kg and Fill 0.6 kg

You find this information from the product description “This kit comes with reduced weight option to save on shipping thus all the 250ml bottles have to be cut and filled with distilled water prior to use.

>>> and the Scent Options- Scentless Protector and Leather Scented Protector

The Protector-B+ comes in the classic leather scent and the Protector-B is scentless, otherwise they are the same non-stick rub-resistant protector.

Thread Information