Thread: Coach 65th Anniversary Ali Bag - hard and tough - verdigris/metal stain.

Default Coach 65th Anniversary Ali Bag - hard and tough - verdigris/metal stain.

Hi Roger,

I have a Coach 65th Anniversary Ali Bag that seems to be made of Vachetta Leather. The hardware has a serious verdigris problem that keeps reoccurring in my climate and unfortunately it keeps staining the whiskey leather surrounding it.

I was so fed up with continually cleaning it I actually took the bag and washed it. After it dried out the leather is hard and tough... and the verdigris came back anyway...

Can you advise the bare minimum steps I need to take for it to have some resemblance to the bag I once had? I'm also thinking of dyeing it so I don't have to keep seeing ugly spots or stains...

Regards
    Jas

Name:  DSCN8666.JPG
Views: 13
Size:  1.15 MB

Name:  DSCN8669.JPG
Views: 13
Size:  1.15 MB

>>> Can you advise the bare minimum steps I need to take for it to have some resemblance to the bag I once had?

Step-1 - VachettaPro-1.2 > Acidifier-2.0 system is recommended for Vachetta from progressing unwanted browning effect.

Step-2 - Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0 > Hydrator-3.3 system is recommended to rectify hardness and toughness when dry and return to its original suppleness with strength.

Step-3 - Vachetta-2.8 treatment lightens up darkening effect.

Step-4 - Protector-D helps reduce sticky soiling and friction rubs.

Step-5 - Vachetta-2.8 helps to improve the hardware of stains, however CleanTarnish-1.3 > Basifier-8.8 > Rinse-3.0 system is delicate for such verdigris stains.

Step-6 - AnilineTop-76 coating over the metal hardware will reduce atmospheric contact to a gloss, thus solves the verdigris re-occurrence problems.

>>> I'm also thinking of dyeing it so I don't have to keep seeing ugly spots or stains...

If these ugly spots or stains have a musty smell, then KillMold-3.6 is recommended to control mold infestation before thinking of dyeing as the last resort.

Here is the link to Leather Doctor Kit-V3, for further tips and instructions
    http://www.leatherdoctor.com/kit-v3-...g-removal-kit/

Products mentioned other then found on Kit-V3 may be added from the Leather Doctor on-line store, just scroll down the categories on the left.

Name:  RogerKoh-email.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  22.7 KB
    Roger Koh
    Leather, Skin & Hair Care System Formulator
    Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor / Online-Life-Coaching
    online store: www.leatherdoctor.com
    forum: www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com
    email: roger@leatherdoctor.com

>>> is it possible to get away with Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0 > Hydrator-3.3,

This system objective is to return the original leather integrity with suppleness and tensile strength - free from stiffness and cracking.

>>> then maybe Kill Mold

KillMold-3.6 is applied between Degreaser-2.2 > Acidifier-2.0/Rinse-3.0 system and Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0 > Hydrator-3.3 system.

>>> and then just dye the whole thing a darker shade (by the way, do you have any recommendations for dyes)?

Antique-Brown or Dark-Brown Aniline-76 will camouflage any mold marks. Any skin damages is smoothen with Adhesor-73 prior to dyeing. And Aniline-76 transparent dyestuff should then be seal with AnilineTop-76Gloss or Satin luster of choice.

>>> It just doesn't make sense to me to keep doing all this over and over again if the situation will just repeat itself.

Agree, a darker shade makes sense.

>>> On another note, my small classic Channel lambskin bag is showing cracks as well, can I also use Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0 > Hydrator-3.3 as well?

Yes! This system is for all leathers and suede.

>>> Lastly is Fatliquor.LS-5.5 the same as Fatliquor-5.0? Can I use them interchangeably?

Yes, can be used interchangeably. LS-5.5 is the classical leather scented version of 5.0.

Thread Information