Thread: Aniline Couch Help!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Aniline Couch Help!

Hi Roger,

We recently received some great hand me down furniture pieces that are in need of a little TLC. They are aniline leather with a shiny, waxy look?

I took a look on the forum, but there is so so much information, I was hoping you would be able to advise which kit I need if I sent you some pictures? Please advise if there is a thread you know of that would give me the same information (or if I should have posted in the forum instead) - it's just hard to tell if I'm matching the right info with our problem.

I've attached photos of the three couches (labelled accordingly) so you can see the difference in wear:
    The chair is in the best condition of the 3, the seat and the back are smooth and waxy looking/feeling
    The loveseat has a fair bit of wear, but the seats are looking pretty wrinkly (loose?), and a little dull
    The long sofa is the worst, the leftmost cushion is extremely dull, loose, and sort of rough/fuzzy feeling
    There are no odour problems, and only minor/small marks - I am mostly worried about how dull some cushions are getting.

Do these problems come from a wax pull up effect loss? Overstretching? Top coat problems?
    Dullness
    Loose feeling/oversoft leather
    Roughness
    Thank you so much in advance, I look forward to your response and to getting these couches looking great again! Please also let me know if you need any more information or photos to ID the problem(s).

Sincerely
    Kerriann

Name:  _9-9qGXBostKXmPi_avh9F9I8qH7QZ-kI1MEtzlcoUIeGgCJcrxvJ8DlOlSqiEr8YGmtEl5JYAKmzQ=w2256-h1312.jpg
Views: 583
Size:  134.1 KB

Name:  Avd_ySh1k9H-6jq30cBLKUVfxC6U_EjU0t6X8RQojhIlYkypBRz5u3Pf8fv5xlpu7BNf7RYoyPh4RQ=w2256-h1312.jpg
Views: 526
Size:  175.3 KB

Name:  fDDQ2B7vYyC-XMPID7VoTdwUc1vljFcYZexyRLFG6xsublDwXH3O9gxPG8IDbVzul7oLP9tahVDBQw=w2256-h1312.jpg
Views: 470
Size:  347.7 KB

Name:  H3zJQBXaBtUtdBEAWBPUQ__hcf3StxcSoErZTK7pilfXOZEiGH7kWgIyjoEcNo4e4br9x5NeHsVVhg=w2256-h1312.jpg
Views: 472
Size:  477.0 KB

Name:  ktgWIQzuKIphoyNxS_0sjSIooOkJ3kd5D5OpO8tQ13bZBRglmqRfGQm3V2s1kDAjkFBlgExJFm64Kw=w2256-h1312.jpg
Views: 432
Size:  296.2 KB

Name:  MoY-VoLYb02yp5lJJarsNzxJQCu4llRIROjsfFGElH4NAtqT4DBQdgz4EjbpVvur2gHEbbmIYpBFMw=w2256-h1312.jpg
Views: 483
Size:  228.6 KB

Name:  UBGfvYZTE_k07MrhSJCMryQ1jw1w_fMlY0tzZh4221j_Hq4YyADKE9KVuMFUlGUJvFvShA4jawRtwg=w2256-h1312.jpg
Views: 467
Size:  384.3 KB

Name:  WqW3grzIcbq2t6zCVGHF7r7sI6PzzIHVK67CUIGmS3wc3AzPWwjgnZT4Z3GCttCxKwF4PP0rBeBcSw=w2256-h1312.jpg
Views: 423
Size:  229.8 KB

>>> Do these problems come from a wax pull up effect loss?

This is a standard aniline finishes that has a gloss luster (AnilineTop-76G) and a buttery-feel (Protector-B/B+).

>>> Overstretching?

Yes! May be corrected by Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0 > Hydrator-3.3 system (leather structure rejuvenating) follows with Impregnator-26 to the reverse suede side to tighten up the loose fibers.

>>> Topcoat problems?

Yes! The lighter creases shows topcoat (AnilineTop-76G) damages.

>>> Dullness

Worn Topcoat that needs refinishing with Aniline-76G.

>>> Loose feeling/over-soft leather

Same as overstretching above.

>>> Roughness

Wear of Topcoat and need refinishing.

>>> I was hoping you would be able to advise which kit I need if I sent you some pictures?

Leather Doctor Aniline Leather Topcoat Refinishing Kit-A6.tc best matches these leather situation.
    Name:  Kit-A6.tc.JPG
Views: 409
Size:  1.47 MB
    http://www.leatherdoctor.com/kit-a6-...finishing-kit/

Description:
    Aniline leather is soft and natural. They are usually first treated with transparent dyestuff to make the grain and natural characteristics more visible. Modern tannery dyeing is done in a rotating drum in a continuous process follows with fatliquoring. When dried thereafter, the leather goes through another selection or grading to decide the best treatment to bring out their potential softness and natural look. Thus, further sub-divide into various varieties. However, the bulk of aniline leathers after dyeing may reveal uneven grain dye absorbency and too many faults, so that the variation in color over the entire grain surface is too great for many leather fabrications. Version of aniline leathers may be referred to as “full sauvage aniline” with differing intensity of dye absorbency appearance. Use this Aniline (A.f) Full as reference guide when comes to cleaning and restoration. Identify the problem from the left column, tally with the top row product recommended and the numbers in the sequence of steps. When leather have compound issues, combine the soiling, stain and odor types as the first cleaning phase-1 and then the leather rejuvenating with Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0 as the second phase-2. Structural problem as third phase-3, Finishing as fourth phase-4 and protection of the finishes as Fifth phase-5.

Name:  aniline-a.f-full.jpg
Views: 407
Size:  286.8 KB

Online-Life-Coaching is available as well to get it right the first time, interested email me for an arrangement.

Name:  RogerKoh-email.jpg
Views: 402
Size:  22.7 KB
    Roger Koh
    Leather, Skin & Hair Care System Formulator
    Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor / Online-Life-Coaching
    online store: www.leatherdoctor.com
    forum: www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com
    email: [email protected]

Thread Information