Thread: Removed darkening but caused cracking

Default Removed darkening but caused cracking

I am running into a common issue now in handles of Louis Vuitton bags. I’m irder for p get the darkening on the handles lighter, I am using the degreaser and then the Vachetta 1.2. Using these 2 products helps to remove most staining that causes darkening. Unfortunately, it’s creatibg the issue drying and cracked handles instead.
    I always start out with Hydrator - Fat Loquir - Hydrator. After this wet process I let the Vachetta dry to see how it looks. When the handles show too much darkening., Usually a combo of hand oil and browning ( suntanning), I first use the degreaser and then the Vachetta 1.2, Followed by Hydrator - Fat Liquor- Hydrator. It lightens the color of the Vachetta but seems to cause cracking. Please help to clarify what I’m doing wrong, and now that I’ve created the new cracking problem, please help me fix it. Thank you, Gwen
    Attached Images Attached Images  

>>> I always start out with Hydrator-3.3 > FatLoquor-5.0 > Hydrator-3.3. After this wet process I let the Vachetta dry to see how it looks.

Without sufficient fatliquor (fat and oil moisture content to average 14%) replenishing, the leather is prone to cracking.

You can test this out to see the difference, it would not crack if the leather fatliquor content is high after replenishing.

To reduce potential cracking, massage from almost dry to dry helps.

Name:  RogerKoh-email.jpg
Views: 446
Size:  22.7 KB
    Roger Koh
    Leather, Skin & Hair Care System Formulator
    Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor / Coach
    web: www.leatherdoctor.com
    forum: www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com
    email: [email protected]

Thread Information