I am having issues with product absorption on handbags with an uneven patina. The picture below shows a bag that easily reacted to the Vachetta 1.2 on the sides and had no effect on the patina section on the bottom. The "patina" section I am referring to is the section that has the nice shiny coat to it. It seems like the products do not penetrate the shine to get into the leather? Does the "patina" or shine need to be removed first? Is it working as a protective barrier? I tried using the Hydrator and the Fatliquor after the Vachetta 1.2 and neither of those were readily absorbed either. I am now left with a bag that I tried treating that looks weird. I just finished the entire wet process, preceded by using the vachetta 1.2 first. I have not yet moved on to a next process as I want to see what you recommend to this issue first. Additionally, if I do have a case like this where some of the leather has the shiny coat and other places do not, is there a product to add the waxy shine to the parts without to make it match? I thought the Protector W might be the right product to use to give this look, but I am not sure. Thank you for your help. Gwen

Name:  IMG_8650.JPG
Views: 750
Size:  2.14 MBName:  IMG_8651.JPG
Views: 729
Size:  1.91 MBName:  IMG_8652.JPG
Views: 719
Size:  2.22 MB