Thread: Restoration Hardware Maxwell Sofa Brompton Coco

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Restoration Hardware Maxwell Sofa Brompton Coco

I purchased a used leather sofa and it was in decent condition with some soiling on the seat cushions and back cushions. I did some research and applied Honey Leather conditioner to hydrate the leather (added three coats) and it seemed to help and it did darken the leather. Almost all of the wax pull up shine was gone so I applied a product called Wax It by Black Jacket. The product left the leather with a milky gray residue and tacky to the touch. I used a blow dryer thinking it would melt the wax in and I could buff to a shine. Still tacky and really did not buff well leaving the leather with a gray dull dry look. I proceeded to use Honey Leather cleaner to try and remove the product. I seemed to get a lot of material removed and the tacky feeling is minimal. Unfortunately the leather is dull, darker, and is some spots feels very rough. With one of your kits can this couch be saved and returned to a shiny condition? How do I remove the Honey Leather Conditioner and “Wax It” products so I can start over if possible? Name:  DSC03746.JPG
Views: 2873
Size:  2.58 MB
    Attached Images Attached Images       

Thread Information