Thread: Sheepskin rug restoration

Default Sheepskin rug restoration

Hello, and thank you for any help you can give me.

I bought the kit and tried hydrating the stiff suede side of the rug. I sprayed and left the rug in a plastic bag for 72 hrs. I used the whole bottle from the Sheepskin Kit, but luckily I bought additional. The suede did not get wet, did not soften. What do I do next? Spray more hydration and leave it to absorb again? Thank you! --Ellen

>>> The suede did not get wet, did not soften. What do I do next? Spray more hydration and leave it to absorb again?

To get the suede side get wet - it has to be saturated or wet out to a level that "a little moisture oozing out when press with fingers and thumb".

When you get the rug to this level of hydration it will soften in a matter of time from 12hrs to 72hrs.

When the rug is completely limp or soften, let the water content evaporate to about 25% before you saturate again with 100% of Fatliquor "a little moisture ooze out when press".

You continue to reapply Fatliquor-5.0 2 to 3 times before it completely dry.

After the last application, before the rug is completely dry, massage or stretch it until it dry to soften up as much as you wish.

See the Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0 > Hydrator-3.3 system instruction here:

http://www.leatherdoctor.com/hydrator-3-3/

and

http://www.leatherdoctor.com/fatliquor-5-0/

Roger Koh
    Leather Care System Formulator
    Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor / Coaching
    web: www.leatherdoctor.com
    forum: www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com
    email: [email protected]

Thumbs up

Thank you!!!

Thread Information