I recently purchased some old sun-dried and possibly water damaged leather dashboard components for my BMW Z3. The leather being a dashboard likely saw a lot of sun, and it's shrunken in certain areas and peeled up from the plastic substrate. It's dry, brittle, pruned, and slightly discolored compared to the material not exposed to the sun.

I am aware I'll likely need to go with this product. Kit-At5.ws - Auto Leather Rain & Sun Stiffness Restoration Kit But I wanted to get some extra insight before I tackle this project and potentially ruin the leather.

If I could get some direction or help on these topics, or any I missed, I would greatly appreciate it!!

1. It looks like I'll need to stretch the material significantly in some areas to get the edges of the leather to hang back over the plastic in a way they can be later secured - Is there any concern with stretching the material this much?

2. Should I pull all the panels off the plastic, refurb them, then try to re-attach them? Or is it better to make do with what I have and leave the leather on the plastic?

3. I'll need to eventually use some type of contact cement to get the leather to stick back down. Will any of the restore products hinder the adhesion?

Thanks!